Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU /South Carolina Watch Parties

Add topic

How were the watch parties around the country?

New York City was a complete bust. I was there by myself for the first three quarters then two of Smitty's friends came by halfway through the 3rd. The waitresses were pissed off because they had a closed section for us and made no money. I gave them both 40 bucks because I felt bad.

Glad to see nothing has changed in the marketing of FAU. With all the email addresses they have they couldn't even find the time to sort them on Excel and send an email to anyone in the Northeast. Instead they send out five emails a week to buy t-shirts with a link hidden on national watch parties.

I love how Smitty and myself did more for this then the people who actually get paid to do this. Its a complete joke.

At least the game was solid for a half. The first and goal from the 4 was awful play calling. Should have covered!!!! Made my night even more expensive.
Back to the top

Re: FAU /South Carolina Watch Parties

Exit39 said

New York City was a complete bust. I was there by myself for the first three quarters then two of Smitty's friends came by halfway through the 3rd. The waitresses were pissed off because they had a closed section for us and made no money. I gave them both 40 bucks because I felt bad.

Glad to see nothing has changed in the marketing of FAU. With all the email addresses they have they couldn't even find the time to sort them on Excel and send an email to anyone in the Northeast. Instead they send out five emails a week to buy t-shirts with a link hidden on national watch parties.

I love how Smitty and myself did more for this then the people who actually get paid to do this. Its a complete joke.

At least the game was solid for a half. The first and goal from the 4 was awful play calling. Should have covered!!!! Made my night even more expensive.

My friend and his fiancee went to the watch party in Ft. Myers. It was him and maybe 6 other people all well above 60 lol. So safe to say that was a complete bust as well

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

FAU /South Carolina Watch Parties

Exit39 said

They were all busts except for Duffy's. Wishing Well and the Lodge each had a handful of people. Duffy's was standing room only.

That being said, don't give up on hosting Watch Parties.
Back to the top

Exit39 said

:-\

Exit:

What did you bet, line or winner??
Back to the top

just the line. +21. the god damn missed extra point, going for it on 4th down from the 4. I was bugging out. I usually bet the team for the season and if I'm up I'll donate it to the program. So far I'm in the hole, deep in the hole.
Back to the top

Exit39 said

just the line. +21. the god damn missed extra point, going for it on 4th down from the 4. I was bugging out. I usually bet the team for the season and if I'm up I'll donate it to the program. So far I'm in the hole, deep in the hole.

Haha I stayed away from these 2 games.

I did do a 4 team Parlay for this coming week.

UCF @ ECU… I bet ECU - 10 (giving 10)

Ole Miss @ South Carolina… I bet Ole Miss - 3 (giving 3)

ULaLa @ Nebraska.. I bet Nebraska  - 26.5. (giving 26.5)

ULM @ FAU….. I bet FAU - 4 (giving 4)

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Jab979 said

Exit39 said

My friend and his fiancee went to the watch party in Ft. Myers. It was him and maybe 6 other people all well above 60 lol. So safe to say that was a complete bust as well

I was Jab's friend he's talking about here.  It was pretty sad, the people that organized it had no idea what was going on or cared.

I was the only one cheering and the only one watching.

If FAU wants to do this right, they should give these volunteers a listing of phone numbers, emails of people in the area so the volunteers can contact people to come out.  Also have maybe a brochure to give out to people about upcoming events, FAU news, etc.  A lot of these people at the watch parties are potential donors and I think FAU is missing the marketability and branding possibilities these could offer.

As the one lady said. "I really wish I could get an FAU shirt, but I can't find one around here."  It would be nice if the volunteers had that information.

If it was supported right, I would definitely volunteer to organize one of these but I don't have the means or time to organize it all out.

Like things, love people.
Back to the top

Good Morning All,

As most of you know, I have been diligently working with local Alumni and fellow colleagues in order to get a Palm Beach County Chapter for the Alumni Association, this is not easy.  People (in general, not just FAU employees) have a lot of things on their plates with their jobs, and families.

Exit, I understand your frustration.  But I can assure you that FAU did all that was possible to get people out there.  Please be aware that many Alumni do not have their emails updated in our systems, I can attest to this, because when I send out e-vites about our local happy hour networking events I get about 50-75 bounce back emails, then I look at my system and all their information is wrong, because they have not updated it.  The best way we can control this, is if people join the FAUNAA or just sign on to our website.  Our new TRUE BLUE Campaign is encouraging people to just keep their contact information updated.  This is where people on the owlsnest and friends can get in contact with their friends on facebook and have the update their information.  I
It is not possible for us to give a volunteer a list of phone numbers, emails, or addresses because of privacy issues.  For instance, let's say that someone comes to us and to plan a watch party, with good intentions, but then get s a job selling knives.  Then they can illegally steal your contact information for their own personal use and solicit.  And we all love solicitors.

Do not get me wrong, as a fan, alumni, and staff member I get frustrated with my own friends when they do not join the FAUNAA or attend an event that I put on.  I believe that if we spread the word out to our friends and have them spread the word, we can update our database, get members, and have successful events.

I can guarantee, that FAU is taking every step possible in order to get Alumni involved.
Back to the top

OWLUMNI said

It is not possible for us to give a volunteer a list of phone numbers, emails, or addresses because of privacy issues.  For instance, let's say that someone comes to us and to plan a watch party, with good intentions, but then get s a job selling knives.  Then they can illegally steal your contact information for their own personal use and solicit.  And we all love solicitors.

WRONG.  You can get the persons contact information if they agree to give it to you. Trust me, I get mailing lists all the time for my business for kids under the age of 18.  It is not impossible as long as you sign a waiver that you won't sell names and addresses to outside vendors or parties.  That sounds like an excuse from someone that took one look at you and one look at your idea and decided it was too much work for them.

Like things, love people.
Back to the top

Fledgling said

OWLUMNI said

WRONG.  You can get the persons contact information if they agree to give it to you. Trust me, I get mailing lists all the time for my business for kids under the age of 18.  It is not impossible as long as you sign a waiver that you won't sell names and addresses to outside vendors or parties.  That sounds like an excuse from someone that took one look at you and one look at your idea and decided it was too much work for them.

I understand and agree with your point.  Those mailing list that you get are they from a State University?  The reason why I ask, is that when I was an undergrad at FAU they published a directory with everyone's email.  A few years passed and they stopped publishing the actual email address.  I am not educated on the law of this, maybe someone is on the board, if even there is a law.

I am not saying that "I" cannot get the email addresses.  I am saying that FAU protects the privacy of all its Alumni and donors. We have a great communications department that provides me with the information that I request and they have never complained.  Believe me, I am on your side on this one.  I want to see FAU GROW and Watch parties be amazing, but I also want you and everyone on this board to realize that we are working to make FAU a traditional University. 
Back to the top
Control functions: