Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

C-USA Football: Games for Week of 10-13-18

Add topic

C-USA Football: Games for Week of 10-13-18

We are at the midway point of the 2018 football season and six conference games are on Saturday’s schedule in Conference USA.

Florida Atlantic will be off, but there are still some important match-ups to take in.

Leading off Saturday’s action is UAB making its first trip to Rice since 2010.  The Blazers arrive in Houston coming off an important victory at Louisiana Tech as it looks to make it four straight wins against an Owls squad that continues to show improvement under first-year coach Mike Bloomgren.

West Division rivals Southern Miss and North Texas meet in Denton.  The game will feature two of the league’s most productive passers in Golden Eagles sophomore Jack Abraham and Mean Green junior Mason Fine.

Marshall will look to rebound from a tough loss to Middle Tennessee when it visits Old Dominion Saturday afternoon.  Two of the conference’s top defensive lineman will be on display in Herd DE Ryan Bee and Monarchs DE Oshane Ximines.

Both teams rested from their bye weeks, WKU will make its first trip to Charlotte.  These East Division rivals are two of the youngest teams in C-USA this season.

Louisiana Tech travels to UTSA looking to bounce back from a tough loss to UAB last week, while the Roadrunners are aiming for a fourth straight victory at the Alamodome.

Middle Tennessee, winners of its first two conference games is on the road for the second straight week, visiting FIU.  The Panthers are coming off their bye week looking for a 2-0 start in conference action for the second time in three years. Two of the league’s leaders in TD passes square off in MT’s Brent Stockstill (10) and FIU’s James Morgan (12).

SATURDAY, OCTOBER 13

UAB at Rice (ESPN+)                              1 pm

Southern Miss at North Texas (ESPN3)   2 pm

WKU at Charlotte (ESPN+)                      3:30 pm

Marshall at Old Dominion (Stadium)       3:30 pm

Louisiana Tech at UTSA (ESPN+)              7 pm

Middle Tennessee at FIU (beIN)                7:30 pm
Back to the top

Per the Massey matchup tool (Massey Ratings - make sure you change who is hosting the game rather than leaving the middle part "vs" to get his best estimate):

UAB has a 88% win probability over Rice - most likely score is UAB 34 Rice 17
UNT has a 72% win probability over Southern Miss - most likely score is UNT 31 Southern Miss 24
WKU has a 74% win probability over Charlotte - most likely score is WKU 28 Charlotte 20
Marshall has a 62% win probability over ODU - most likely score is Marshall 31 ODU 27
LA Tech has a 64% win probability over UTSA - most likely score is LA Tech 26 UTSA 21
FIU has a 52% win probability over MTSU - most likely score is FIU 29 MTSU 28

Massey thinks ODU will be within striking distance against Marshall, and thinks MTSU and FIU are a virtual toss-up.  We need the win by FIU!!!
Back to the top

BOTH would be great!
Back to the top

I think I need to cheer for that crap school down south tomorrow.  I just dont know how to do that.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

I think I need to cheer for that crap school down south tomorrow.  I just dont know how to do that.
Posted On: Oct 12th 2018, 7:49 PM #381920

It’s extremely painful but when we beat them the pain will fade away.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

+1-and-1

(a double post agreement)

VERY hard to do…

Back to the top

FINAL:

UAB 42  Rice 0
Back to the top

FINAL:

Southern Miss 7  North Texas 30
Back to the top

FINAL:

WKU 14  Charlotte 40

Looks like the 49ers are NOT the worst team in the East.
Back to the top

FINAL:

Marshall 42  Old Dominion 20
Back to the top
Control functions: