Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FIU/Indy game

Add topic

I see FIU decided NOT to travel up to INDIANA to play because of Hurricane (now long gone!) IRMA!

They are now filling their schedule with a HOME GAME VS. UMASS Dec. 2 (IF THEY ARE NOT IN THE CUSA TITLE GAME - HA HA!!!!)!!!!!!! What P____ies - I guess thus the name!!!!!

Dropping an away Power 5 (Big10) game and picking up a home game vs. maybe the worst FBS team.  I hope Indiana decide to WANT their breach of contract money now as it was FIU's idea to not play a difficult AWAY game (probable loss)!!! And now replacing that game with a probable win will really help THEIR bowl eligibility! Again….P____IES!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

I see FIU decided NOT to travel up to INDIANA to play because of Hurricane (now long gone!) IRMA!

They are now filling their schedule with a HOME GAME VS. UMASS Dec. 2 (IF THEY ARE NOT IN THE CUSA TITLE GAME - HA HA!!!!)!!!!!!! What P____ies - I guess thus the name!!!!!

Dropping an away Power 5 (Big10) game and picking up a home game vs. maybe the worst FBS team.  I hope Indiana decide to WANT their breach of contract money now as it was FIU's idea to not play a difficult AWAY game (probable loss)!!! And now replacing that game with a probable win will really help THEIR bowl eligibility! Again….P____IES!
Posted On: Sep 14th 2017, 3:31 PM #370873
Interestingly, UCF offered to play them again this year, but they chose the Minuteman game for obvious reasons. They are now thinking bowl eligibility since they can "feast" on Alcorn, Rice and UMASS lol. What exactly was the logic for that game being cancelled? They won't get the Indiana money they would have received by playing the game, so that's a hit. Have to try and pad Butch's stats, because they look absolutely awful. UMASS will be a tight game for them.
Back to the top

d-owl said

They are now filling their schedule with a HOME GAME VS. UMASS Dec. 2 (IF THEY ARE NOT IN THE CUSA TITLE GAME - HA HA!!!!)!!!!!!!

From MassLive:

"The UMass football team swapped out one game in Florida for another Thursday, postponing their matchup against the University of South Florida while adding a game against Florida International University due to Hurricane Irma.

UMass had been set to play USF on Oct. 14 in Tampa, Fla., but the Atlantic Athletic Conference (AAC) requested that game be postponed to a later date."

I guess the AAC thought Irma might damage USF's stadium and they wouldn't be able to play there in time? Trying to think of why a hurricane in mid-September would otherwise affect a game in mid-October.
Back to the top

FIU/Indiana is a 4 game home/home series . 2017 game postponed to 2024, Indiana still comes to Miami in 2018.

AAC had to switch some conference game around because of Irma and USF chose to drop a non conference game to make it all happen.

Congrats on your 3-0 start to the season.  #LastChanceU
Back to the top

FIU ranked tier 1 by USWNR said

FIU/Indiana is a 4 game home/home series . 2017 game postponed to 2024, Indiana still comes to Miami in 2018.

AAC had to switch some conference game around because of Irma and USF chose to drop a non conference game to make it all happen.

Congrats on your 3-0 start to the season.  #LastChanceU
Posted On: Sep 20th 2017, 11:14 PM #371118
Tier 1 :cool: – The Harvard of SW 8th Street! For real, congrats to you and ol' Butch on that big last minute win against that powerhouse Alcorn State. Forget IU, that UMass game will garner some serious national attention. Butch is back in Dade County people – let's all party like it's 1999.
Back to the top

Here you go d-owl http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/education/fl-us-news-fiu-nova-20170914-story.htmleah, the Alcorn game showed we still have work to do,  but the team is improving. Maybe next year if we play an FCS we can open up the playbook and throw in a onside kick or two, you know, like some FBS schools do.
Back to the top

Here you go d-owl http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/education/fl-us-news-fiu-nova-20170914-story.htmleah, the Alcorn game showed we still have work to do,  but the team is improving. Maybe next year if we play an FCS we can open up the playbook and throw in a onside kick or two, you know, like some FBS schools do.
Posted On: Sep 20th 2017, 11:50 PM #371120
LOL - I am very familiar with USNWR (have a degree from UM as well) – I wouldn't gloat over sending in FIU data to USNWR resulting in a #216(!) ranking as being a "tier 1" institution – but to each his own. With games against powerhouses like UMass in that wonderful facility known as the "cage", hopefully Butch will start making folks remember who he is/was and continue to get you guys prominent 2 star recruits so that FIU can continue to improve. Maybe next year the (Golden?) Panthers can cover the spread against an FCS team.

For real though, good luck!
Back to the top

Hmmm, if you look at the USNWR it says FAU "Rank Not Published". That is different from "Not Ranked".

Link to FAU page:
https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges/fau-1481

From the USNWR website FAQ:

9. Why are some schools not numerically ranked?

U.S. News publishes the numerical ranks of the top 75 percent of schools in each of the categories. The remaining schools for which ranks were calculated are labeled as Rank Not Published and listed alphabetically on usnews.com.

Rank Not Published or RNP schools are different from schools labeled as Unranked. All RNP schools are assigned numeric ranks that U.S. News makes an editorial decision not to publish. In contrast, Unranked schools do not have ranks assigned and their data are not used in comparisons that determine other schools' ranks. U.S. News will inform RNP schools of their rank upon request.

So it seems FAU IS ranked but USNWR has chosen not to publish the rank as per their own explanation. FAU has the same counselor rank as FIU. So there you go. FAU is showing a lock on the business programs and a RNP on Best Undergrad Engineering programs. Its possible FAU is ranked higher then FIU.

I don't see any tier assignments. So how is FIU a tier 1 in the USNWR ranking system? :Big-Grin:

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

d-owl said

Here you go d-owl http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/education/fl-us-news-fiu-nova-20170914-story.html%20Yeah, the Alcorn game showed we still have work to do,  but the team is improving. Maybe next year if we play an FCS we can open up the playbook and throw in a onside kick or two, you know, like some FBS schools do.
Posted On: Sep 20th 2017, 11:50 PM #371120
LOL - I am very familiar with USNWR (have a degree from UM as well) – I wouldn't gloat over sending in FIU data to USNWR resulting in a #216(!) ranking as being a "tier 1" institution – but to each his own. With games against powerhouses like UMass in that wonderful facility known as the "cage", hopefully Butch will start making folks remember who he is/was and continue to get you guys prominent 2 star recruits so that FIU can continue to improve. Maybe next year the (Golden?) Panthers can cover the spread against an FCS team.

For real though, good luck!

Posted On: Sep 21st 2017, 12:34 AM #371121

Hey, got to start somewhere lol.

Good lick to y'all as well. 
Back to the top

Hey Tier 1, do the kitties have message board for their football program? If yes, would you be so kind and share the link. See, I have a new born, and happen to be up at odd hours of the night. What I'm saying is, I have some time to troll the enemy just like you are right now. Thank you.

Also, I typically hold off on trash talking the kitties when they are in possession of the Shula Trophy. I figure you guys deserve bragging rights for a year. With that said, I'm willing to invite you to the Shula Bowl this year, as my guest, to witness the Owls thrash the kitties all the way back to Miami. (Serious offer). Beware: My trash talking game is legit.
Back to the top
Control functions: