Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU bombs FIU yet AGAIN 13-5!!-Owls now 15-1

Add topic

Jeff Fiorentino and Derek Hutton smack homers as FAU rolls 13-5. Matt O'Brien strikes out 10 over 6 innings to go to 5-0 on the year.
Tomorrow FAU goes for the sweep. I must admit I didnt think we'd win all 4, but now I cant wait to head out to the ballpark at 4pm tomorrow to see us close the sweep out. By the way does anyone know whats up with the 4pm start? Ive only seen 7pm and 1pm starts before-just a little unusual.
Back to the top

Don't forget to bring your brooms!!!!!!!!!!
Back to the top

You guys are really impressive out there. I've been to a bunch of games this season and your team has impressed me by far. You are the most sound defensive team and your team can come up with clutch hits when they need them. I can't even remember how many men FIU left on base and in scoring position tonight. I hope we can avoid the sweep…but I honestly hope you guys whip the Canes in the regional, because that's the way it looks like things are going.

Panthers on the Rise
Back to the top

Hopefully we can keep this up and have a strong showing in the regionals.

Thanks for the props, MaXx.
Back to the top

I am sooooo looking forward to a sweep and then sticking the broom in the mouth of that FIU fan (frat boy) who was sitting in about the third row on their side of the stands. In spite of the shellacking nothing seemed to shut that guy up. They should mention him by name when the announcer gives the pregame statement about good sportsmanship. I guess desperate people do desperate things even to the point of sophmorish taunting. I wonder if Coach Price put the guy up to it since they can't seem to find any other means of dealing with the Blue Wave that is drowning them.
O'Brian was outstanding with the 10 K's although I think KC was pushing it when he left him in with bases loaded in the bottom of the 6th. Thank God that line drive found O'B's glove. I know KC pulled Culp because of the lefties coming up in FIU's lineup, but who would of thunk Hughes would have such a hard time finding the catchers mit? I'm still trying to figure out some of KC's moves and player decisions, but who can argue with 15-1?
I can't figure the 4 o'clock start time either…maybe it's to give the Golden Panthers more time to pray for a miracle?
Go Owls!
Back to the top

When the series started, I never thought we would be so dominating, I figured on a hard fought series.

From MaXx

You are the most sound defensive team and your team can come up with clutch hits when they need them.

Thank's MaXx, that is one thing this team seems to do well & make other teams pay for their mistakes.

Back to the top

That line drive could've changed the entire game. Bases loaded with 2 outs and Skellenger hits a line drive that I thought was going to take the pitchers head off, instead he snags it to end the inning. I couldn't believe the play.

As for that frat guy, I thought he was funny at first but he just kept going and going…it was pretty annoying after a while. He was there on Wednesday and he was much worse than he was last night.

Panthers on the Rise
Back to the top

Was that frat guy short and trying to look like the rock?? I had someone like that sitting next to me at the football, very annoying...and tried to pick a fight with everyone.
Back to the top

I was there on Saturday and I thought that frat boy heckler was pretty funny until he dropped an f-bomb at one point. Then we scored seven runs and he shut up rather quickly. Heckling is a fine art and he is a pretty good apprentice.
Back to the top
Control functions: