Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Owls Left Out of 2011 Regional Action

Add topic

Owls Left Out of 2011 Regional Action

Bad news for the Owls as the tournament pool was selected, and no mention of FAU in the Sun Belt's representatives. But, that is bound to happen when you need to do well, and then drop three straight to go winless in the conference tournament.

This also means that a dozen seniors have played their last inning as an Owl.

Anyway…

FIU, Troy and UALR will represent the Belt.

The Panthers will travel to Chapel Hill where they should do well.

The Trojans head to Nashville for a tough bracket.

And, UALR will travel to Oregon for insane competition…good luck with that.

Full Details on Belt Participants

Back to the top

Re: Owls Left Out of 2011 Regional Action

Really too bad that they blew their chance and season in just three games. Kind of odd though that none of them got sent to a "local" regional AKA Gainesville of Tallahassee. All three of these regionals are winnable.

We sure as hell would have been!

Good year Owls, too bad it ended with such a thud.
Back to the top

Troy got in with a 50 RPI, we got left out with a 51 RPI.  In the end, our 32 wins were not enough IMO.  After the the last 3 games, we frankly didn't deserve it.  Little Rock had to be taking it easy on us because they were going to be in the final game and yet we couldn't beat them in the final game that meant nothing to UALR.
Back to the top

fauowl said

Troy got in with a 50 RPI, we got left out with a 51 RPI.  In the end, our 32 wins were not enough IMO.  After the the last 3 games, we frankly didn't deserve it.  Little Rock had to be taking it easy on us because they were going to be in the final game and yet we couldn't beat them in the final game that meant nothing to UALR.

Good points…AND:

I love the new avatar!
Back to the top

Rick said

fauowl said

Good points…AND:

I love the new avatar!

Thanks for noticing.  It's part of a logo I created for a business I have on the drawing board with an FAU Owls and "Paradise" theme.  Trying to decide whether I have the time to invest to do it the right way.  I am sure you can relate.
Back to the top

Hey, we made it to a Regional after all! And, unfortunately lost to James Madison today, says SB Nation:

"James Madison (42-17) beats Florida Atlantic (40-18) by a score of 11-7 in both teams' first games of the 2011 NCAA tournament in Chapel Hill at the North Carolina regional Friday afternoon.

This game was all about offense. Florida Atlantic blasted five home runs as a team and managed only seven runs on the day from those home runs."

Wonder how long it will take to figure out that:

WE'RE NOT FIU

Back to the top
Control functions: