Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

10-1!

We need to remember that the record of the 3 schools we have lost to so far is 10-1.  We are not regressing, we are getting beat by teams that are better than us.  Remember that Minnesota was a) coming to South Florida b) implementing a new offense/defense under a new coaching staff and c) serving multiple player suspensions last season when we held on to beat them.  I believe Minnesota was 10-2 the season before that in the Big 10…they are not a joke, they would win the SunBelt 9 of every 10 seasons if they were in it.

We need to go into the next game with MTSU after having a 10 day break…humbled and prepared.  Remember that winning the Belt and going bowling again is the most important thing and that is still a very attainable goal.

Maybe for good luck, I will sit in my car and listen to the game like I did when Rosie Bynes took a last second pass from J. Allen 70+ yards to beat MTSU and make FAU the FASTEST team to EVER beat a D-I school.

Before anybody writes the boys off, at least give them a chance to show up on ESPN for our first conference game of the season. 

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Re: 10-1!

walty12 said

We are not regressing, we are getting beat by teams that are better than us.

Wha-chew talkin' bout Walty?

Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

walty12 said

We are not regressing, we are getting beat by teams that are better than us.

Wha-chew talkin' bout Walty?

If you think we are more talented than Michigan State, Texas, or Minnesota….your out of your mind. 

Back to the top

Who said that? Ne moi mon ami…….

BUT:

They wiped the floor with us.

Last year we put up 20 points on UF AT UF…….

Then took Rusty out almost the entire second half and played reserves on both sides of the ball.

Do the math.

That's seven more points than we have scored in ALL of our BCS OOC game this year.
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

Who said that? Ne moi mon ami…….

BUT:

They wiped the floor with us.

Last year we put up 20 points on UF AT UF…….

Then took Rusty out almost the entire second half and played reserves on both sides of the ball.

Do the math.

That's seven more points than we have scored in ALL of our BCS OOC game this year.

The Michigan State game took place in a monsoon!  Does UF 59 FAU 20 really feel that much better than 39-3?  They are both losses, UF still beat us by 40 points!  I dont think losing by 10, 20, or 30 in OOC games on the road vs. more talented teams is a good way to measure our program.  I will say that the game a week from Tuesday will be a good time to judge where we are at. 

Back to the top

Yes there is a differnce in my mind.

Because 3 points in 8 quarters of foot ball is UNACCEPTABLE from a team with this type of offense.

THATS the point thats got me pissed off. If we had lost by the same amount but put up points you could glean a certain amount of hope/pride.

Weve been SHUTOUT offenseively. That should not happen with Rusty and the same recieveing core as last year. The WR and TE are not catching the football.

Take them out back, and play catch. For each drop they run a gasser. Do this for 2 days during this extended 10 day week and well see what happens.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

walty12 said

The Michigan State game took place in a monsoon!  Does UF 59 FAU 20 really feel that much better than 39-3?  They are both losses, UF still beat us by 40 points!  I dont think losing by 10, 20, or 30 in OOC games on the road vs. more talented teams is a good way to measure our program.  I will say that the game a week from Tuesday will be a good time to judge where we are at. 

Florida_Owl = "Glass half full realist".

We have digressed…Objectively, the stats say this is true.

However, i do agree with you that next Tuesday will be the "tell all of all tales"!

On a side note, i must say that 59-20 feels alot better, right about now,  than 17-0, and 39-3, yes…   :-\
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

walty12 said

Florida_Owl = "Glass half full realist".

However, i do agree with you that next Tuesday will be the "tell all of all tales"!

On a side note, i must say that 59-20 feels alot better, right about now,  than 17-0, and 39-3, yes…   :-\

2006 OOC All on the Road:
September 2 at No. 18 Clemson  L 54-6 0-1 (0-0)
September 9 at Kansas State  L 45-0 0-2 (0-0)
September 16 at Oklahoma State  L 48-8 0-3 (0-0)
September 23 at South Carolina  L 45-6 0-4 (0-0)

I think I am realist when I say you cant just start winning these games in a year or two.  Again, if we could beat Michigan State and Minnesota on the road we should be in the Big 10 and I think we all agree we are not there yet.

I know your point, but losing is losing….and I really dont think anything matters besides winning the SunBelt.

Back to the top

walty12 said

Florida_Owl said

2006 OOC All on the Road:
September 2 at No. 18 Clemson  L 54-6 0-1 (0-0)
September 9 at Kansas State  L 45-0 0-2 (0-0)
September 16 at Oklahoma State  L 48-8 0-3 (0-0)
September 23 at South Carolina  L 45-6 0-4 (0-0)

Thank you ;)
Back to the top

10-1!

I think Walty makes a good point that we lost to teams that are very good. 10-1 good.

However, it is how we lost that bothers me. We moved the ball on Texas and should have put points on the board. Mistakes hurt us. Michigan State isn't a big deal. The weather was horrible and so was the play-calling that had Rusty throwing 37 times. I don't blame the players as much as the coaches. Minnesota is disappointing because Rusty threw 4 picks and the game was defined by dropped balls and mental mistakes. If Minnesota had plain and simple whooped FAU I wouldn't be as upset. It is the lack of concentration and execution in all three games that has me frustrated.

The silver lining is that most of what has gone wrong so far can be fixed. I am really hoping that the team comes out against MTSU and shows that they can back to the form the ended with last year.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top
Control functions: