Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2008 Roster

2008 Roster

The roster is being updated right now and it looks close to being completed. Some new names I haven't seen. Several typos. One player has birth year as 1998. Some others I don't know if they are typos or if it is real.

For example:

Dror Kfir Profile - Florida Atlantic Owls Official Athletic Site

5-11 270 lbs. FULLBACK ???

Some players missing. Brandon Ward. His father was/is a member of the board. I don't see his name and checked the spring prospectus and didn't see it there. Any others missing?

Official Football Roster - Florida Atlantic Owls Official Athletic Site

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Re: 2008 Roster

illinoisowl said

The roster is being updated right now and it looks close to being completed. Some new names I haven't seen. Several typos. One player has birth year as 1998. Some others I don't know if they are typos or if it is real.

For example:

Dror Kfir Profile - Florida Atlantic Owls Official Athletic Site

5-11 270 lbs. FULLBACK ???

His name is Dror Kfir? From Esrael? And he's a redshirt sophomore at age 23? Yeah, if that wasn't on an official FAU website it would definitely sound made-up…

You're right about typos. "Amos Woods" is our new reciever, despite the fact that he is the son of Amos Perry Wood. Pretty cool factoid about Amos Wood: "had eight touchdowns and a kick-off and punt return for a touchdown."

Jeff VanCamp weighs 22 pounds. How about that.

Although the real stuff sounds good. For instance, now we know the big deal about Yourhighness Morgan: "in just seven games during his senior year, recorded 91 tackles, including two sacks."

Incoming QB David Kooi "passed for 2,500 yards and 21 scores as a senior…also rushed for 400 yards…one recruit source ranks him among the top-four quarterbacks in the state."

I remember reading that our other Qb recruit, Graham Wilbert, was one of the top five in California. About Wilbert: "held a senior quarterback rating of 107…finished his final prep campaign 225-for-360 with just five interceptions, completing 64% of his passes…tossed for 2,905 yards and 26 touchdowns…also had 81 carries on the year and posted a 7-4-1 record as a starting senior"

annnnnnnnnnnnnd the players have individual photo galleries now? Or did they have that last year?

Back to the top

If Dror Kfir is from ISRAEL, then he may have served his military obligation right out of high school which would explain his age as a RS sophomore. Military service is mandatory in Israel.

Back to the top

illinoisowl said

If Dror Kfir is from ISRAEL, then he may have served his military obligation right out of high school which would explain his age as a RS sophomore. Military service is manditory in Israel.

Really? I think I've heard that. So what is the length of service, four years?
Back to the top

Some weird names on this team...

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

owlcountry said

illinoisowl said

If Dror Kfir is from ISRAEL, then he may have served his military obligation right out of high school which would explain his age as a RS sophomore. Military service is manditory in Israel.

Really? I think I've heard that. So what is the length of service, four years?

The required service is 3 years for men, 2 years for women. It starts when you're 18, with a few exceptions.
Back to the top

SeminOWL2006 said

Some weird names on this team…

True but Kfir, at 270 pounds (if he's actually that size) could be hard to bring down and break some tackles.
Back to the top

i love how we are 99 percent Florida players. I hope even as we get bigger we keep 80 percent of our recurting in FLA their is enough talent in this state to support 10 D-1 programs. 
Back to the top

owlcountry said

SeminOWL2006 said

Some weird names on this team…

True but Kfir, at 270 pounds (if he's actually that size) could be hard to bring down and break some tackles.

This is one I thought might be a type-o. Maybe 5-11 207, not 270.

Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

i love how we are 99 percent Florida players. I hope even as we get bigger we keep 80 percent of our recurting in FLA their is enough talent in this state to support 10 D-1 programs.
We're going to be heavily in-state for at least the next 5-10 years, I think.

I mean, yeah, there is probably enough 2 star talent in the state to support 10 D-1 programs. But if you want the program to eventually beat the best in the nation, you'd logically need to recruit some of the best in the nation and those may not all be in Florida. Even if there is one of the top 5 QBs in Florida, he may go to Notre Dame, Alabama, Ohio State, etc. We can't even win those guys over by saying, "Hey, stay in Florida where you grew up so your family and friends can see you play" because they could still go to The Big Three and have that.

We're going to be pushing a boulder uphill for awhile but given the program's rapid ascension, I expect us to do big things sooner than our opponents would believe.

Our motto this year is Reach Higher but we'd probably have to have a Boise State-type of season to reach higher than what we did last season. Anything less than 10 wins is probably going to let us reach right back into the New Orleans Bowl. Not that it's bad necessarily but we could obviously benefit much more by playing in a BCS bowl, both in terms of prestige and payout.

This next season is pretty pivotal for us to establish a presence on the national scene…  the presence we began with wins over Minnesota and Memphis, not to mention the close game with USF…
Back to the top
Control functions: