Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2008 SBC Spring Prospectus: Smith makes cover...

2008 SBC Spring Prospectus: Smith makes cover...

Back to the top

Re: 2008 SBC Spring Prospectus: Smith makes cover...

Nice,

Hope the OL is up to the challange like last year. Everyone and thier brother is going to be coming after Rusty this year with all this exposure.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

I find it odd that they have pictures of Jared Allen and Danny Embick. They note they are former Owls, but it still seems strange to have them in the SBC spring media guide.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

I guess I didn't realize that FAU is only 1 game under .500 all time.  2008 is the season we become a winning team!

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

owlfan1 said

I find it odd that they have pictures of Jared Allen and Danny Embick. They note they are former Owls, but it still seems strange to have them in the SBC spring media guide.

GO OWLS!!!

Yeah, that is weird. But this is coming from the same SBC people who put out a picture of Rusty with four extra people photoshopped into the background…. so…
Back to the top

Took a look at FIU's page, lol.  Pretty sad the individual player descriptions.  Like one kid that his best achievement was leading the team with 2INTs.
Back to the top

Actually it looks like they do this for ALL the teams.

Look at Troy and youll see Osi and the other pro player from the Giants. They also show Omar and Leodis from last year.

Once we get a few of the boys in the pros, I think youll see thier pictures there.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

owlfamily said

Look at Troy and youll see Osi and the other pro player from the Giants. They also show Omar and Leodis from last year.

Once we get a few of the boys in the pros, I think youll see thier pictures there.

Okay but Embick??? We have had guys that have made a bigger impact than Embick. What about Laskowski??

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

owlfan1 said

owlfamily said

Okay but Embick??? We have had guys that have made a bigger impact than Embick. What about Laskowski??

GO OWLS!!!

they were probably going with a QB lineage, etc…

but i agree with you…Embick wasnt really in the same camp with Allen or Smith…
Back to the top

We need to find out if it was FAU or the Sun Belt that did the Photshopping.  I wouldn't have minded if it hadn't been blatant (probably because I wouldn't have noticed).  Either way it looks bad for us

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top
Control functions: