Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2012 Spring Football

2012 Spring Football

Who else is ready for some FAU football? Im ready to see how the coaches will run the practice and all the competitions going on. My brother Alex Deleon said he was ready to build on a good overall spring last year  and prove some of you guys wrong lol. I kind of feel like an insider with all the info he  has given me about the team. Ive seen the new "watered down spring football" playbook and let me tell you its very complex, so we will see who was really in their playbook and who wasn't, and thats not even half of it. Its going to open up alot more as they get comfortable with the new scheme,the signals, and the pace of it. So all the JUCO and Seniors coming in the summer/fall will really have to play catch up. Im so excited for this year new coaches,weeding out the "Viruses" from the team, new uni's, new gloves,new team, and new attitude….so more wins? I sure hope so. I want to see how much progress the team has made since last year especially Alex and the TE's along with the guys that will be throwing him the ball.

GO OWLS!!!!
Back to the top

2012 Spring Football

Who else is ready for some FAU football? Im ready to see how the coaches will run the practice and all the competitions going on. My brother Alex Deleon said he was ready to build on a good overall spring last year  and prove some of you guys wrong lol. I kind of feel like an insider with all the info he  has given me about the team. Ive seen the new "watered down spring football" playbook and let me tell you its very complex, so we will see who was really in their playbook and who wasn't, and thats not even half of it. Its going to open up alot more as they get comfortable with the new scheme,the signals, and the pace of it. So all the JUCO and Seniors coming in the summer/fall will really have to play catch up. Im so excited for this year new coaches,weeding out the "Viruses" from the team, new uni's, new gloves,new team, and new attitude….so more wins? I sure hope so. I want to see how much progress the team has made since last year especially Alex and the TE's along with the guys that will be throwing him the ball.

GO OWLS!!!!
Back to the top

Re: Spring Football

Manny1989 said

I'm so excited for this year new coaches… new uni's, new gloves

Hmm. Do you know this for a fact or just from the talk on here? I've seen the gloves…

I was thinking the other day that maybe new uniforms are in the pipeline but they didn't want the players to see them yet, so they asked the various sites (like this one) not to post pictures and put it out there on the internet for everybody to see.
Back to the top

Manny1989 said

I'm so excited for this year new coaches… new uni's, new gloves

Hmm. Do you know this for a fact or just from the talk on here? I've seen the gloves…

I was thinking the other day that maybe new uniforms are in the pipeline but they didn't want the players to see them yet, so they asked the various sites (like this one) not to post pictures and put it out there on the internet for everybody to see.
Back to the top

Manny1989 said

My brother Alex Deleon…

Alex got a shout out on FAU's release for the first day of practice:

The Owls went through the paces of individual work but it was team drills that bared no resemblance of the past. Gone were the huddles and the whistles ending plays. Every play was finished and every ball that hit the ground was picked up by the defense and returned.

Responsibility for the little things will be the focus of the 2012 spring as well as work habits.

Alex Deleon had a catch through the middle. Christan Milstead deflected a pass which Winfred Strickland hauled in for the interception

Back to the top

Manny1989 said

My brother Alex Deleon…

Alex got a shout out on FAU's release for the first day of practice:

The Owls went through the paces of individual work but it was team drills that bared no resemblance of the past. Gone were the huddles and the whistles ending plays. Every play was finished and every ball that hit the ground was picked up by the defense and returned.

Responsibility for the little things will be the focus of the 2012 spring as well as work habits.

Alex Deleon had a catch through the middle. Christan Milstead deflected a pass which Winfred Strickland hauled in for the interception

Back to the top

Reading the comments in various articles from players about the first spring practice and the new staff, it's kind of disturbing how things ended with the last regime…no wonder the team was 1-11.

“It's not just players just being more accountable for their actions, the coaches are also,” said running back Xavier Stinson. “They are showing that they really care about our well-being and winning games. …We can tell that they really care and we are really starting to believe in it.”

“He’s trying to make our team a lot more disciplined, which I thought was a big problem we had,” Dorvilus said. “People coming in late to weights or not going to class. He’s made that a big emphasis.

“There’s more self-accountability, making everybody more self-accountable for their actions. That’s been very different.”

Linebacker David Hinds said about the last three months, “it’s a big change around here, work ethic, everything.”

Seems the problems went far beyond lack of talent last year.  The situation was even worse then I thought.  What a disaster…

Back to the top

Reading the comments in various articles from players about the first spring practice and the new staff, it's kind of disturbing how things ended with the last regime…no wonder the team was 1-11.

“It's not just players just being more accountable for their actions, the coaches are also,” said running back Xavier Stinson. “They are showing that they really care about our well-being and winning games. …We can tell that they really care and we are really starting to believe in it.”

“He’s trying to make our team a lot more disciplined, which I thought was a big problem we had,” Dorvilus said. “People coming in late to weights or not going to class. He’s made that a big emphasis.

“There’s more self-accountability, making everybody more self-accountable for their actions. That’s been very different.”

Linebacker David Hinds said about the last three months, “it’s a big change around here, work ethic, everything.”

Seems the problems went far beyond lack of talent last year.  The situation was even worse then I thought.  What a disaster…

Back to the top

The team had checked out emotionally well before the last game…it was obvious.

Now that a new rooster is running the coop, they have to be on guard. No one has a relationship to fall back on as far as what happens if I "mess up", etc. They are in check, which is a good thing.

And it would appear that a zero tolerance policy will keep them in check.
Back to the top

The team had checked out emotionally well before the last game…it was obvious.

Now that a new rooster is running the coop, they have to be on guard. No one has a relationship to fall back on as far as what happens if I "mess up", etc. They are in check, which is a good thing.

And it would appear that a zero tolerance policy will keep them in check.
Back to the top
Control functions: