Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2016 Do's and Don'ts

Starting with the Special Teams

Do….   Take a knee on kickoffs in the endzone.  Until we get another "Lucky" starting at the 25 yd line will be fine.

Do….   Kickoffs placed to the corner.  Between the numbers  and the sideline.  Make the kick returner run 40 yds. laterally.  Pin him in the corner or let his momentum take him out of bounds.  The benefits of a well placed kick make the occasional out of bounds well worth it.

Do… Punt instead of long field goals.  We weren't that successful and field position is crucial.

Don't … Pooch kick… ever!

Don't…..   Block in the back!  We can't be starting drives inside our 10 yd line!

I'm open to suggestions == offense/defense
Back to the top

Matt C said

Do….   Take a knee on kickoffs in the endzone.  Until we get another "Lucky" starting at the 25 yd line will be fine. I think we may be able to pick one of the dozens of DBs that we have to return kicks. I watched the recruiting video of J'Quan Napier, and I think he has the potential to be our return man given the opportunity and stays healthy.

Do….   Kickoffs placed to the corner.  Between the numbers  and the sideline.  Make the kick returner run 40 yds. laterally.  Pin him in the corner or let his momentum take him out of bounds.  The benefits of a well placed kick make the occasional out of bounds well worth it. I know we have the right man for that. In Dalton We Trust!

Posted On: Aug 22nd 2016, 8:10 PM #357875

I agree.  My 2 cents

1)I watched the recruiting video of J'Quan Napier, and I think he has the potential to be our return man given the opportunity and stays healthy.

2) I know we have the right man for that. In Dalton We Trust!

Back to the top

Island_Owl88 said

Matt C said

Do….   Take a knee on kickoffs in the endzone.  Until we get another "Lucky" starting at the 25 yd line will be fine. I think we may be able to pick one of the dozens of DBs that we have to return kicks. I watched the recruiting video of J'Quan Napier, and I think he has the potential to be our return man given the opportunity and stays healthy.

Do….   Kickoffs placed to the corner.  Between the numbers  and the sideline.  Make the kick returner run 40 yds. laterally.  Pin him in the corner or let his momentum take him out of bounds.  The benefits of a well placed kick make the occasional out of bounds well worth it. I know we have the right man for that. In Dalton We Trust!

Posted On: Aug 22nd 2016, 8:10 PM #357875

I agree.  My 2 cents

1)I watched the recruiting video of J'Quan Napier, and I think he has the potential to be our return man given the opportunity and stays healthy.

2) I know we have the right man for that. In Dalton We Trust!

Posted On: Aug 22nd 2016, 9:02 PM #357877

Agreed. My two points. 1.) When up in the fourth quarter and we are holding a lead and forcing the team to use its timeouts, keep the clock moving. No more passing on 3rd down.

2.) Have the qb when trying to set up for a field goal go under center and dive towards the center of the field, no more play action/ triple option stuff.
Back to the top
Control functions: