Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2017 FAU Football Schedule

Add topic

Here's the updated TV/Media Schedule:

09-01 vs Navy - ESPNU
09-09 @ Wisconsin - Big Ten Network
09-16 vs Bethune Cookman - beIN SPORTS
09-30 vs MTSU - Stadium
10-07 @ Old Dominion - Stadium
10-21 vs North Texas - ESPN3
10-28 @ WKU - Stadium
11-03 vs Marshall - CBS Sports Network
11-11 @ La Tech - Stadium
11-18 vs FIU - Stadium

Stadium is a new network made up of former outlets American Sports Network and Campus Insiders.

Back to the top

I am pretty sure Stadium games are online unless they get picked up by cable/satellite company's
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

I am pretty sure Stadium games are online unless they get picked up by cable/satellite company's
Posted On: Jun 7th 2017, 4:03 PM #369114

Wouldn't the local station that broadcasted ASN games just pick them up?
Back to the top

LawOwl said

owlcountry40 said

Posted On: Jun 7th 2017, 7:40 PM #369117

That's my guess as well, I have been able to record every game for the last few years.  I know there is consolidation going on but I'm betting we'll get pick up but you'll need all the sports channels.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

LawOwl said

owlcountry40 said

That's my guess as well, I have been able to record every game for the last few years.  I know there is consolidation going on but I'm betting we'll get pick up but you'll need all the sports channels.
Posted On: Jun 7th 2017, 8:27 PM #369120

Fine with me. I usually pay the $5.99 extra per month for all of football season. I get all the channels we get picked up on plus Red Zone then dump the extra service after the NFL regular season concludes
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

LawOwl said

owlcountry40 said

Stadium is online only. Now I do not now how it will work in regarding to needed to certain cable package to watch online VIA twitter( which I do not think is the case).
Just think any student who has a twitter can watch the games. Most college student are cord cutters and have no way of watching FAU and now they can just be scrolling through their phones and one of their many FAU friends on line would have RT the game giving them accesses. To watch on TV just pull out the USB cord and boom.
No longer will have avg fan have to go on hunt into 700's channels to find a game.  
Back to the top

LawOwl said

dusky256fc said

LawOwl said

owlcountry40 said

Fine with me. I usually pay the $5.99 extra per month for all of football season. I get all the channels we get picked up on plus Red Zone then dump the extra service after the NFL regular season concludes
Posted On: Jun 7th 2017, 9:21 PM #369122

Exactly what I do, for three months you get everything for an extra couple bucks then just turn it off the end of November.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Stadium owns the rights to the broadcast. FAU got a win because they get the upgrade and don't have to produce it anymore. The conference is fine because it completes the package.

Stadium can sell it to any outlets that want to pay, so like others have asserted, it is entirely feasible that a WTCN or MYTV type local network pays to air it as a stand alone.

Right now contests are guaranteed to stream on Twitter or FaceBook.
Back to the top

"Right now contests are guaranteed to stream on Twitter or FaceBook."

I know I've gotten older, but this makes me feel like my Grandpa.  I dont understand, are you saying I go on twitter and somewhere on the app I can literally watch the FAU game live?  Or I go on FB?  Where?  Somebody's page?  I dont get it.

Can you describe how I would go about watching a football game on Twitter?  I sincerely dont get it.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

"Right now contests are guaranteed to stream on Twitter or FaceBook."

I know I've gotten older, but this makes me feel like my Grandpa.  I dont understand, are you saying I go on twitter and somewhere on the app I can literally watch the FAU game live?  Or I go on FB?  Where?  Somebody's page?  I dont get it.

Can you describe how I would go about watching a football game on Twitter?  I sincerely dont get it.
Posted On: Jun 8th 2017, 11:02 AM #369126

Yea you can go to Stadiums FB or twitter page and they will be playing the game on their feed.
The NFL has done this with Thursday night football games as well as baseball shows a couple games a week on twitter.
 I can go to FAU athletics, and the Nest can also RT or share the feed so any of my followers can see / have access to the feed.
The best part is it's free, so a student who doesn't have cable and might have to sit in the library on a Saturday can now watch the game vs having to go to sports bar or find the friend who pays 150 a  month for cable and now has to the FAU game on channel 684.
Back to the top
Control functions: