Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2018 FAU Football Preseason Camp

Knowing that the last week of camp will be game prep for Oklahoma, when do you think Lane will announce the starting QB ? Early, or game time. Any thoughts
Back to the top

Camps over… School starts tomorrow…

He could announce this week or early the following week…nothing said about it today. 
Back to the top

I was at the scrimmage yesterday. Some things that stood out to me:

1. The defense is insanely fast. They missed a few big plays against the offense but overall the defense was insanely agressive. I haven't seen anything like it before.

2. Special teams might be problematic. I think we missed a 20 yard field goal. And our punts looked disappointing. But honestly with the new punting rules I think it won't matter as much.

3. OL and DL both look solid. QB protection was pretty decent and no huge gaping problems there.

4. Lots of penalties 😑 expecially on the defense. Hopefully that clears up when we play.

5. All the QBs were playing incredibly well. No turnovers. Great pocket awareness. DeAndre stood out a little for his scrambling ability. But I didn't see anything that sealed the deal for me as a starting qB.

6. They benched Singletary again. I guess they just don't want to risk any sort of injury.

Back to the top

Thanks for posting the scrimmage observations!

Awesome to hear the defense is playing fast.  Speed kills, and as a Gator grad I saw the benefits of this when Urban Meyer came to UF and created a team around this concept.  2 national championships and a Heisman trophy winner were the result.

Not surprised on the special teams observation and bummed to hear it.  Wonder if this might prompt Kiffin to "go for it" on fourth and short more often, depending upon field position and score.

We've got some awesome guys on both sides of the line.  It all starts in the trenches.

Rest Singletary - we need him and we all know what he's capable of.

Attended the Meet and Greet today.  Such a great group of young men.  Let's. Beat. Oklahoma!
Back to the top

The PK and P look very good on their HS film, just gotta get with it!
Back to the top

I'm 58 years old. Average guy. But I can put together a 2 minute video of mt best days that show I'm AMAZING. You can't hide on the field.
Back to the top

I agree with ya local, but if these kid's were that bad do you think Coach K would not have found transfers or recruits better than them. I sure hope so! The danger with all new College players is nerves and kickers better have stable nerves.
Back to the top

I've seen many talented teams get stung because of a poor kicking game. Hopefully these guys get it together and pan out. I was at "Wide Right III", btw.
Back to the top

No way we announce the QB before the first snap in Norman.

What advantage would there be to announcing early? While I admit there may not be much of any advantage for Oklahoma if we announce early, there seems to be no disadvantage to us not announcing until the first snap.

That said, two things:
- I will be in Norman, which means I will know the QB first;
- I hope Motor takes the first snap.

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

NJOWL said

- I will be in Norman, which means I will know the QB first;
Posted On: Aug 24th 2018, 2:19 PM #379647

We will be there before you, and in the pressbox…

:Laughing:  :Big-Grin:  :cool:  :Smug:  :Winking:  :Not-Talking:
Back to the top
Control functions: