Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

5* Auburn OL Calvin Ashley Announces Transfer to FAU

I’d literally have more faith in a 2 star high school kid than these transfers. If the guy wasn’t good enough to see the field then what does that say. It says he was overhyped. It’s been proven over and over again, McNeal, Franklin, Riles, that if they’re not good enough to play at P5 they’re not good enough to play G5. It’s just the way it is. This guy will never play a down and if he does will not be effective. 
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

I’d literally have more faith in a 2 star high school kid than these transfers. If the guy wasn’t good enough to see the field then what does that say. It says he was overhyped. It’s been proven over and over again, McNeal, Franklin, Riles, that if they’re not good enough to play at P5 they’re not good enough to play G5. It’s just the way it is. This guy will never play a down and if he does will not be effective. 
Posted On: Mar 19th 2019, 9:37 AM #385563

I think it's important you separate JUCO from other transfers.

World beater or not Riles came here and started 10 games for us and plugged a hole, Taleni was great for us in 2017, Chris Robinson could be a great QB for us, and Durante was our best WR last year.

Who knows how Ashley will work out, but maybe him spending three years(two playing) he can take the next step.

Also the " if they’re not good enough to play at P5 they’re not good enough to play G5. It’s just the way it is.''

Is simply the most ridiculous statements I have ever read on this forum.

Back to the top

I said this last year and I stand by it, you don’t want the P5 kids that weren’t good enough. If you want them so badly (personally I have more faith in HS recruiting), then you need to find the kids that got kicked off the team for something stupid. Grad transfers like Taleni don’t count Bc remember he was good enough at Tulane. He didn’t leave for poor performance. Neither did Robison. However, guys like McNeal, Riles, and Durante did come here Bc they weren’t good enough. And what did that bring us, Durante? Admittedly he was the only one of these guys that could actually play, but he had serious drop issues. 
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

I said this last year and I stand by it, you don’t want the P5 kids that weren’t good enough. If you want them so badly (personally I have more faith in HS recruiting), then you need to find the kids that got kicked off the team for something stupid. Grad transfers like Taleni don’t count Bc remember he was good enough at Tulane. He didn’t leave for poor performance. Neither did Robison. However, guys like McNeal, Riles, and Durante did come here Bc they weren’t good enough. And what did that bring us, Durante? Admittedly he was the only one of these guys that could actually play, but he had serious drop issues. 
Posted On: Mar 19th 2019, 11:26 AM #385565

I am all for high schools kids as well, but when you get a chance to take a 5 star guy who has no off the field issues, will have two years of eligibility who just wants a new start at a lower level of college football you take that 10/10 times.

Back to the top

@OC40….+1000.  I'm thrilled.
Back to the top

Off to FAMU…

SMH.

:Thinking:
Back to the top

Quite an illness. Fau is the cure.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

Quite an illness. Fau is the cure.
Posted On: Aug 13th 2019, 3:07 PM #387561

HOMEsick…
Back to the top

I meant famu was the cure. My auto correct made it fau..  Typing without my glasses on
Back to the top

Boy was I wrong  :Laughing:  But seriously, this is why we do whatever we can to move to the AAC. These kinds of kids we have to take chances on when if we were in a better conference not so much. It's ok. If he actually started for us I was fully expecting a 2018 RG performance out of him. Now we can actually have  Marquice Robinson, a redshirt freshmen, be the starter. I also noticed there's a Redshirt Junior Center on the team named Jake Jones. I wouldn't mind if he gets some serious playing time
Back to the top
Control functions: