Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Any news on Kiffin getting at least a raise for winning the conference?

This was tweeted out by FAU the other day:

#FAU news media metrics for 2017 (so far) compared to all of 2016:         Full calendar year, 2016:
— Non-Athletic: 14,711
— Athletic: 11,912. 

Calendar year up to Dec. 11, 2017:
— Non-Athletic: 23,986
— Athletic: 24,150. 

The Lane Effect
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

We're getting really off-track here.

I was going to post a similar topic and wondered if FAU still feels the pressure to renegotiate Kiffin's contract if the major P5 head jobs are no longer a threat (unless something else opens up after the bowl games)

If you're FAU you could argue that, while he deserves praise and compensation for his incredible first season, there were bonuses built into his contract to reward him for what he's done already that he will receive.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see FAU give Kiffin a "more respectable" base of $2-3M/yr but I have no idea if that's financially feasible. It might be if we went back to our old tactic of playing 3-4 body bag games a year at $1M each (and that would directly go to his salary) but not sure how Chun and Kelly feel about it.

Briles' contract needs to be re-upped though, per The Other Site.
Posted On: Dec 12th 2017, 10:14 PM #375262

Well sort of. If both parties do nothing the contract automatically renews for next year

Back to the top

He's been quite on twitter as of recent… I hope it's because he's focused on recruiting and the game and not looking for jobs.

It's Owl Time!
Back to the top

I want to think he's quiet because recruiting season is in full swing. And he probably doesn't want to risk getting in trouble for a recruiting violation.
Back to the top

I just hope Coach Kiffin sticks around and hopefully after the bowl game it'll all get sorted out as far as a possible raise. 
Back to the top

I don't think there's any coaching job left that he'd be interested in. I think we are good for the 2018 season.
Back to the top

What we all really wanted ended up taking place - Lane seems to really enjoy life right now, we had a tremendous season and are poised for just as good next year, AND he is going to be out to prove something to everybody again!
Back to the top

faufan2017 said

I don't think there's any coaching job left that he'd be interested in. I think we are good for the 2018 season.
Posted On: Dec 13th 2017, 12:51 PM #375269

Same.

Though… are there any P5 jobs we think might open if the team loses their bowl game?
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

faufan2017 said

Posted On: Dec 13th 2017, 12:51 PM #375269

Same.

Though… are there any P5 jobs we think might open if the team loses their bowl game?
Posted On: Dec 13th 2017, 11:04 PM #375293

I don’t think so. Maybe kanas state, but it sounds like Sydner plans on returning in 2018 I have a feeling the earlier signing date may push schools to make these decisions earlier. The only thing that could change that if an NFL team were to come calling. 
Back to the top

Hate to say it but "gimmick" O's don't work in the NFL. The KING of this was Kelly, now back in college at UCLA! HUGE NFL FAILURE!!!
Back to the top
Control functions: