Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Brohm Hired

What do you think of our new QB Coach?

Great Hire!
Good Hire.
Ok Hire.
Did you see Louisville last year?
Who?

You must select between 1 and 40 options

Re: Brohm Hired

OWL4EVER said

NCowl said

This is very BIG, but I am wondering why? I know he was a QB under HS, but why would Brohm, an OC at a BCS school like Louisville, step down to a QB coach at a Sunbelt School.

I dunno, I just don't get it, but GREAT for the OWLS!!!

Brohm was a steal!  My belief is that H.S. has to start thinking about grooming a qualified individual for the head coach position–so that we are prepared in the future!  Of course–I'm just looking into the crystal ball and hope that H.S. stays for many more years!  FAU should always be strategic and well prepared for the future!

Howard will not leave what he built to just anyone–he will want to spend a few years grooming and making sure that FAU is in great hands!

GO OWLS!

I can't say this is a fact because I don't know but why would Brohm take a demotion unless Howard has plans to develop him to take over. Then again that wouldn't be prudent because who knows who would be available at the time Howard retires. I'm just amazed Brohm would take a step down like that. This might be the way FAU has to go. FAU would normally have to settle for an inexpensive mid major coach, someone down on their luck looking to get back on their feet or find a good candidate and groom him for the future. We will find out soon enough.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Maybe Brohm was wanting to stay at Louisville but didn't know his true status till late. Plus Howard does know football coaching talent and has many connections.

I did notice after the 2007 season louisville fired their DC at a late time where he ended up taking a high school job for 2008 . Now he will be a def back coach next year at Marshall.
Back to the top

It is an interesting hire - it was first mentioned that FAU was after him for the OC position and ends up becoming out QB coach instead.

The OC job probably would have meant a pay cut for him anyway.

IMO, this is another chance for Brohm to get more experience under his belt, regardless of pay-cut or what might seem to be a demotion.  In order to grow & become a better coach you have to take a step back sometimes and what better coach to do so with then Howard and the current coaching staff on hand.

To me it shown great character on Brohm part to be able to come here at FAU and learn under a Legendary coach - Not only will he benefit in the long run, but a player like Rusty and the other QB's will as well.

Back to the top

Bytor said

- Not only will he benefit in the long run, but a player like Rusty and the other QB's will as well.

BINGO! Let spring training begin.
Back to the top

NCowl said

Bytor said

- Not only will he benefit in the long run, but a player like Rusty and the other QB's will as well.

BINGO! Let spring training begin.

When does it? March?
Back to the top

Brohm Hired

Brohm leads Perdue to upset of #2 Ohio State

Back to the top
Control functions: