Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

C-USA Bowl Games State of the Union

C-USA Bowl Game State of the Union
With just two weeks to go, there are currently six teams with at least six wins and bowl eligibility – UAB (9-1), FIU (7-3), Louisiana Tech (7-3), Middle Tennessee (7-3), North Texas (8-3) and Marshall (6-3).

There is one team with five wins and one win from bowl eligibility – Florida Atlantic (5-6).

There are two teams with four wins and two wins from bowl eligibility – Charlotte (4-6) and Southern Miss (4-5).

Conference USA can have as many as eight bowl-eligible teams and as few as six, depending on the results of the final two weeks of the regular season.

C-USA has six primary bowl selections in 2018: the Boca Raton Bowl, Hawai’i Bowl, Bahamas Bowl, New Mexico Bowl, and R+L Carriers New Orleans Bowl, along with either the Gasparilla Bowl or the First Responder Bowl.

The league has a secondary agreement with the Independence Bowl, should the ACC or SEC not be able to fill its spot in that game and a secondary agreement with the Frisco Bowl (Frisco, Texas).

Bottom line:

It appears the only shot for the Owls is another league member being selected for the Frisco Bowl, thereby freeing up a primary tie-in spot.
Back to the top

There are 7 primary c-usa bowl games this year
-  Bad Boy Mowers Gasparilla vs. American Athletic
– Bahamas Bowl vs. MAC
– Cheribundi Tart Cherry Bowl vs. American Athletic
– Gildan New Mexico Bowl vs. Mountain West
– Hawai’i Bowl vs. Mountain West
– R&L Carriers New Orleans Bowl vs. Sun Belt
– SERVPRO First Responders Bowl

with 2 secondaries
– Walk-On’s Independence Bowl
Conditional if ACC or SEC can’t fill a spot.

– DXL Frisco Bowl
Conditional if American Athletic or MAC can’t fill a spot.

2018-2019 College Football Bowl Ties, Affiliations For Each Conference

Back to the top

There are only six, please read the original post. It's one or the other on the last two  not both. My information is directly from the conference office as of today.  The link you posted is dated January 10, 2018.
Back to the top

I stand corrected but at the same time a CUSA team could easily be selected for the independence bowl or frisco bowl or both.
Back to the top

Sure, if the other conferences who have first dibs can't fill it (Independence).
Back to the top

I hate to be a Debbie Downer, but we are still at five wins. Stop worrying about bowls. ?The Lane Train is not that powerful. We are a 500 or lower team.
Back to the top

I think if we take care of business at home 2 times we'll be 7-6 with a Boca Bowl win. It wouldn't be the worst season ever, and considering where we were 2 years ago it would be a miracle. On top of that we didn't do too good so Kiffin hopefully stays.
Back to the top

Standards were reset last year.  This season has been a complete wash.  We dont deserve to go bowling.  No 6-6 CUSA team should be going to a bowl game.  

Signed.  Aka Debbie Downer.  
Back to the top

I wouldn’t say this year was a wash considering the growing pains we are going through in order to grow into a winning program. No longer are we at “Let’s just win more than 3 games” a bowl game is the minimum 
Back to the top

Rick you don’t think we get to a Bowl if we get 6?
Back to the top
Control functions: