Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Cheers and Jeers - Western Kentucky Edition

Cheers
- A win for our team at the perfect time, that is to say at all.
- Pierre, a record setting performance
- The Defense at times making good stops
- Almost 400 yds of offense
- Rusty looked alot better

Jeers
- Penalties, Penalties, Penalties
- Penalties!
- Turnover, only 1 which is less than usual, but still

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

Re: Cheers and Jeers - Western Kentucky Edition

You forgot penalties.
Back to the top

They are a dissapointment to watch…a player takes a swing at another player…..facemasks gallore….late hits…..The announcer on the live feed online said "this team is looking like the Miami Team Schnellenberger coach years back with the dirty play" (or somehting like that) 
Back to the top

I didn't watch the game.  I was watching the score on my phone and heard the 4th quarter on the radio…so I'm not really qualified to offer cheers or jeers, but I don't really care to nitpick tonight…WE GOT A WIN!!!  I don't care how ugly it may have been.  This team needed a win, any win, in the worst way.  Now maybe we can get on a roll.  Great game by Pierre tonight and the D came up big in the 2nd half.

Sounded like WAAAY too many penalties again, but they overcame them.  Have to find a way to correct that though.

As for the "dirty" play…there is no excuse for taking a swing at a player if that is what occured.  Facemasks happen and this year they are all 15 yards so I have no way of knowing the severity.  Anyway, I'm over the whole "ditry" play thing.  If teams want to hate us…let them hate us.  But I think the announcer should learn his football.  Those "Thug U" Miami teams were under Jimmy Johnson and Dennis Erickson, not Coach Schnellenberger.
Back to the top

was listening to the FIU game and sounds like someone got hit in the head and troy recovered
Back to the top

Cheers and Jeers - Western Kentucky Edition

Way to many penalties and that is just plain stupidity. Coach's need to kick some butt.
Back to the top

Good game, fun to watch.  We'll get you next year.  ;)

So were any of the FAU fans that were there on this board?
Back to the top

WKU_Slam_Dunk said

Good game, fun to watch.  We'll get you next year.   ;)

Probably not, although from the looks of it (from pictures on the FAU Beat Writer's blog), you have a beautiful campus and stadium. If your football team achieves the same level of success as your basketball team, that place is going to be rockin'!

Good luck with the rest of your season.
Back to the top

owlcountry said

WKU_Slam_Dunk said

Good game, fun to watch.  We'll get you next year.   ;)

Probably not, although from the looks of it (from pictures on the FAU Beat Writer's blog), you have a beautiful campus and stadium. If your football team achieves the same level of success as your basketball team, that place is going to be rockin'!

Good luck with the rest of your season.

I wouldn't count your chickens before they hatch. They played us tough and they could have beaten us and anything is possible. To say probably not when he said we'll get you next year is a bit much. More like hope not but anything is possible

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Is anyone else concerned that Howard might be losing control over several players when it comes to discipline?  We have to be somewhere near the the top in 1-A ball when it comes to personal fouls.
Back to the top
Control functions: