Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Eight teams who could crash the College Football Playoff in 2018

More summer reading;

www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/23825856/lane-kiffi
n-charlie-weis-jr-florida-atlantic-owls-experiment

Back to the top

More summer reading FAU fans;

Top 100 College Football Players of 2018: Nos. 50–31

Motor at No. 35!!!!!!
Back to the top

Some not so fun Summer reading:

2018 bowl projections, based entirely on Vegas predictions - SBNation.com

I hope with 9 wins (or more) FAU wouldn't land back in the Boca Bowl again. If anything, I would think the dismal crowd from this past bowl season (I was there) would maybe make the bowl NOT choose FAU.
Back to the top

Saw that too, they put us a 9 wins but then there are the Conference Championship games to play first! So now at 10, bowl win at 11 again - I will take it!
Back to the top

owlsdad said

I would think the dismal crowd from this past bowl season (I was there) would maybe make the bowl NOT choose FAU.
Posted On: Jun 19th 2018, 9:14 PM #378881

So we couldn't fill our bowl at our home stadium so that would make another bowl think we will fill it elsewhere? Not sure I follow.  :)
Back to the top

fauowl said

owlsdad said

I would think the dismal crowd from this past bowl season (I was there) would maybe make the bowl NOT choose FAU.
So we couldn't fill our bowl at our home stadium so that would make another bowl think we will fill it elsewhere? Not sure I follow.  

Posted On: Jun 19th 2018, 10:57 PM #378884
Honestly didn't think the crowd was that bad for the Boca bowl. Game is a Tuesday night, and if you compare it to the other crowds especially for the pre Christmas Bowl games it was pretty good. The games aren't done for attendance. They are put on so ESPN has programming during the month of December
Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

fauowl said

owlsdad said

So we couldn't fill our bowl at our home stadium so that would make another bowl think we will fill it elsewhere? Not sure I follow.  

Posted On: Jun 19th 2018, 10:57 PM #378884
Honestly didn't think the crowd was that bad for the Boca bowl. Game is a Tuesday night, and if you compare it to the other crowds especially for the pre Christmas Bowl games it was pretty good. The games aren't done for attendance. They are put on so ESPN has programming during the month of December
Posted On: Jun 20th 2018, 8:00 AM #378888

Yeah – from a TV perspective (Tues night bowl game), the crowd seemed much better than other similarly slotted bowl games – of course with an advantage that it was at FAU. We aren't there yet where we'd automatically fill up the stadium for a championship or bowl game, but our current trajectory is building towards that.
Back to the top

owlsdad said

I hope with 9 wins (or more) FAU wouldn't land back in the Boca Bowl again. If anything, I would think the dismal crowd from this past bowl season (I was there) would maybe make the bowl NOT choose FAU.

I don't understand what you're talking about. The crowd for the Boca Bowl was good. It was way better than the Conference Championship game. What is so bad about the Boca Bowl? I greatly enjoyed attended it and the fact that it was on campus with a good crowd was fantastic. But maybe that's just because I went to FAU and you didn't.
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

owlsdad said

I don't understand what you're talking about. The crowd for the Boca Bowl was good. It was way better than the Conference Championship game. What is so bad about the Boca Bowl? I greatly enjoyed attended it and the fact that it was on campus with a good crowd was fantastic. But maybe that's just because I went to FAU and you didn't.
Posted On: Jun 20th 2018, 10:32 AM #378890

The Boca bowl wasn't terrible, but I wanna go somewhere and visit a city for a bowl game. Like I will take the New Orleans Bowl any day over the Boca Bowl.
Back to the top

Back to the top
Control functions: