Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

ESPN - Indie and Others Ultimate Road Trip

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/others/0-4-449/Indie-and-Others-Ultimate-Road-Trip.html

May 15, 2009 11:00 AM

Posted by ESPN.com's Graham Watson

Imagine you had 54 teams that you could see any weekend without financial strings: What games would you go see? How many would you see a week? With the non-automatic qualifying schools, you can see games almost every day of the week, which makes for unlimited possibilities if you're a fan of Conference USA, Sun Belt, Mountain West, WAC, MAC, Navy, Army or Notre Dame football.

So come with me on the ultimate road trip through the 2009 season and check out some of the best games during the course of the season.

Oct. 6

• Middle Tennessee at Troy
The Battle for the Palladium is one of the best rivalries in the Sun Belt. Troy has won the past three contests, but before that the series was fairly even.

Florida Atlantic at Troy
This game features two good teams with great quarterbacks dueling for first place in the Sun Belt.

Is it really one of the BEST rivalry's in the Belt? FAU-MTSU, FAU-FIU, FAU-Troy I'm sure ULL-ULM is a big rivalry for those schools as well. Troy has turned the corner and is undoubtedly the best team in the belt right now, while MTSU has gone in the other direction. Troy will win this game again this year and make it 4 in a row

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Re: ESPN - Indie and Others Ultimate Road Trip

Acually MTSU vs Troy is probaby the biggest rivalry in the belt with the most tradition.

Troy HAS dominated recently (and will probalby do so again this year) but there is a lot of history of "hate between those 2 teams.

FAV vs Troy is growing solely because weve been the 2 "succesufl" tems in the last few years.

FAU vs FIU could take GIANT leaps this year.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

I'm certain that Troy has not won four in a row on us.
Back to the top

SigEp77 said

I'm certain that Troy has not won four in a row on us.

They were talking about Troy vs. MTSU
Back to the top

owlfamily said

Acually MTSU vs Troy is probaby the biggest rivalry in the belt with the most tradition.

FAV vs Troy is growing solely because weve been the 2 "succesufl" tems in the last few years.

I disagree 100% i just got back from alabama with my car (huge owl head on the back), and proudly wearing faudirtybirds.com gear all weekend…..TROY HATES FAU, and i cant say the feeling isnt mutual.  I had a lot of people willing to talk Belt football with me, they really know a lot about us and dont like us one bit……

I WILL BE AT THIS GAME THIS YEAR…….ILL FIND A WAY TO GET OFF OF WORK!
Back to the top

Nunzio42 said

TROY HATES FAU, and i cant say the feeling isnt mutual.  I had a lot of people willing to talk Belt football with me, they really know a lot about us and dont like us one bit……

Good times! ;D
Back to the top

ESPN - Indie and Others Ultimate Road Trip

always is… ;D

Where's BMarkey when we need him
Back to the top

Yeah really...where has BMarkey been at lateyl?!
Back to the top
Control functions: