Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Fan Fest

Rick said

Local Owl said

It was Parr. He looks pretty good. If I were an outsider , watching for the first time, Parr would get my nod for best looking QB. 14 and 19 looked shaky.
Posted On: Aug 12th 2017, 4:50 PM #369881

+1 Parr was by far the best QB out there today.
Posted On: Aug 12th 2017, 4:58 PM #369882

I was only there for the first half because my three young kids got too hot, but if I were Kiffin, I'd have them at Parr, Driskel, then Johnson. I thought Driskel did will scrambling, at times better than Johnson.
Back to the top

Holy cow, was it hot today…

Very glad that most (all?) of the games are at night this year.  What a great move.
Back to the top

+1. Direct sun + metal + plastic = rediculous  heat.
Back to the top

Rick said

Local Owl said

It was Parr. He looks pretty good. If I were an outsider , watching for the first time, Parr would get my nod for best looking QB. 14 and 19 looked shaky.

Parr needs to do it vs the 1st team D for me to be impressed and he also had a 2 picks dropped by my count.

Also take everything you watched with a grain of salt.
This a very very pass heavy scrimmage which I don't believe we will be in games. This has by design because they have better idea what they have in Buddy and Motor and there is no need to feed them 20 carries each in a scrimmage.
 Passings lanes will open up way more when Motor and Buddy a hopefully running 5 per carry. What I find a bit more concerning is the lack of seperation by some of the WR's. We can look at the QB's all day but I did not see many open guys out there.
Back to the top

Very true owlcountry!

Also., DB's know our routes and plays too, believe that makes it real easy for them to read a play. And don't want to get backs banged up.

How was run game that we showed today and how was pass protection? Do O line and D lines look decent at least?

And finally, this will be one REAL aggressive D we put out on the field this year - opposing O's won't recognize it from past 3 years!
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

Rick said

Local Owl said

Parr needs to do it vs the 1st team D for me to be impressed and he also had a 2 picks dropped by my count.

Also take everything you watched with a grain of salt.
This a very very pass heavy scrimmage which I don't believe we will be in games. This has by design because they have better idea what they have in Buddy and Motor and there is no need to feed them 20 carries each in a scrimmage.
 Passings lanes will open up way more when Motor and Buddy a hopefully running 5 per carry. What I find a bit more concerning is the lack of seperation by some of the WR's. We can look at the QB's all day but I did not see many open guys out there.
Posted On: Aug 12th 2017, 5:37 PM #369886

OC hit on some good points. I read that Deandre had 75 yards on 14 carries and a TD. If we get that combined with about 70 yards a game from Buddy and Devin each, the passing game will open up. Keep in mind the D knows we are throwing the ball most of the time. Also, Deandre may have a harder time getting to know these WRs with all the changes within the unit. Good to see Kamrin back. he will be a good weapon for us and take pressure off McNeal. I still think Deandre gets the nod vs. Navy. He is the one guy that can really light it up with his legs if the passing game isn't going well. I hope to see a lot of read option this year. between Motor, Buddy and Deandre, we have a great rushing attack on every play.
Back to the top

OC is correct. You can't judge apple with apples until we see Parr working with the same line and D. And the running game was very limited. I was looking at decision making and accuracy .Looked at another site this morning and they say Jason had the best day. Jason looked better than Johnson. Easily. But we aren't the coaches. We don't know the game plans. And we don't know the offensive goals. I won't lose my job if they fail. Time will tell.
Back to the top

We’re heading straight down the path to two QBs playing against Navy 
Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

We’re heading straight down the path to two QBs playing against Navy 
Posted On: Aug 13th 2017, 8:30 AM #369892

2qbs= 0qbs
Back to the top

LawOwl +1000
Back to the top
Control functions: