Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU 2019 Fall Camp - Discussion, Hopes, Predictions

jgf2017 said

You and Jake aren't even allowed to criticize anyone or give an honest evaluation of anyone's play unless its positive.
Posted On: Aug 21st 2019, 7:52 PM #387680

I'm staying away from the other parts of the post, but with all due respect, this part is actually very far from the writing situation…it's a choice of presenting what people want to read about regarding a program they love…Fans have every right to vent (appropriately) and be disappointed in results when called for…but it doesn't equate to interest when a writer does it…they quickly become the antagonist no one cares for…I can list you a number of former beat reporters who fell on this sword.

That said, Shane has written zero game/op-ed articles, but does provide quite candid feedback on the podcast; which is designed to allow for that type of dialogue when called for.

Pretty sure Jake has never written any op-ed pieces either…

All this aside, this is s FAN forum.

Fan: an enthusiastic devotee (as of a sport or a performing art) usually as a spectator

Here's my proposal, go ahead and put together a continual and formally presentable set of written critique pieces on the WR unit as the season progresses and I'll publish your work.

Then we can have a benchmark to measure against…

That's fair, right?

:Winking:
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

I said last season's receiving corps could have been the worst in the country, not this years. Credibility? You have credibility? You and Jake aren't even allowed to criticize anyone or give an honest evaluation of anyone's play unless its positive. I'll take my analysis regarding who's good and that sort of stuff. Remember we had a deal? You guys don't hurt people's little precious feelings by saying everyone's awesome. Someone could be horrible and you'd call him good…..Wait, that's actually happened. You have absolutely no credibility and are partial to the players. We had a deal that you and Jake don't know what you're talking about and I tell it like it is remember?
Here are some of the things he’s said:
In 2018 our RG filled a void 
Our 2019 Center is our most important player
A receiving corps that can’t stay healthy will automatically be healthy, and by the way worst case scenario they’ll be average and it’ll all be Robisons fault if the passing game doesn’t work. Meanwhile ur future 1,000 yard receiver may not even play this year
Posted On: Aug 21st 2019, 7:52 PM #387680

Real quick, how many practices have you been to?
How many coaches have you talked to on staff on and off the record?

You mix up “telling it like it is” and being an online troll that doesn’t have single idea what he’s talking about. 

Let’s remember you justified being a good WR because someone catches punts.

I mean just read your posts….it’s nothing but rambling nonsense. 

But as much as “lack credibility” you still listen and read.
Back to the top

You act like you speak for everyone. I make my points and I'm pretty sure no one has a problem with me besides oc. And when you call me names and things, you act like you represent everyone's opinions on this forum. I've pointed out several players who I think are good and not good, and every time I've been on point.
You said our 2018 RG was solid and filled a void. Based on that statement alone, you have absolutely no right to criticize anyone about football, ever. If you honestly believe that our RG filled a void last year or that our current Center is the most important player on the team, I'm sorry. You really shouldn't be criticizing me.
And you continually fail to realize you're the only person who has a problem with my analysis.
Let's see, you also said our receiving core is average when it's not. You said Mitchell will have a 1,000 yard season and that Robison should be good enough to succeed because our receivers in the worst case scenario will be "average". I'm sorry, but honestly, I don't think anyone should view you as having any sort of credibility. Lets see, Jake told me that if we had Alabama's receivers last year Robison still would've had mediocre numbers and it would've made no difference. How many times do I have to tell you, no one really thinks you know football. Everyone knows you guys aren't allowed to tell the truth. Do you actually believe our RG filled a void last year?
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

And you continually fail to realize you're the only person who has a problem with my analysis.
Posted On: Aug 21st 2019, 9:27 PM #387687

Ehhhh, that might not be accurate. 
Back to the top

Honestly, some people need to man up, and I mean it. I've had to put up with OC's political garbage. You know that he was bad mouthing the President of the United States. And did I call you names, or even bring it up like others actually did? No. Now it's time to man up.
Back to the top

I guess you miss their point. The WR unit underperformed last year. Lane complained about it as well. That’s a given but in order for them to see the field they have to perform in practice. OC and Jake attend practices and as such share their insights based on said practice. They can’t share everything that goes on but enough for fans to have an idea and get excited about the upcoming season. In order for CR to excel he needs his Oline to block and give him time otherwise you can have the best WR unit but if the Qb cannot get the ball to them it means nothing. 
It’s a team sport so all will have to be good for the offense to be good. Last year there were some mistakes made which could have swung those one score games. Let’s get excited for the upcoming season and wait before beat down individual players. I understand the tendency to do so as you’re passionate about the team and want it to succeed but remember they are kids playing a sport they love. 
Back to the top

Shane doesn't like the President, my g*d! How could he possibly be a credible source for Florida Atlantic football?? Oh, he goes to all the practices and speaks to all of the coaches? and players? and to our recruits? and the media? and compares film? and stats?

When Shane says AR filled a void, he references the thirteenth best rushing offense in the nation. When he says CR made freshmen mistakes, he highlights throwing into double coverage with downs to spare; or throwing it away when there aren't. He's not making whimsical fancy with his opinions.
Back to the top

How about stop with the name calling unless you’re willing to meet in person. I’ve officially had enough. It’s bad enough I’ve got to put with you guys hideous avatars. It wreaks of desperation. How about you guys take away your hideous mugs off the avatars and I’ll stop. It just wreaks of you doing anything to make it in the industry. I’m serious. I’ll stop. I’ll donate $500 if Shane takes down his hideous mug and convinces at least Ryan to do the same.
Seriously, youre worried about me hurting players feelings. How about my feelings when one day there’s multiple hideous faces being plastered on this site a few months ago. On a freaking online forum. Your not supposed to have your face as an avatar, and certainly not if you’re someone like Shane. 
Back to the top

I would comment . But the last time I did , someone wanted to meet someone , for something. A little too volatile  for me.
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

Lets see, Jake told me that if we had Alabama's receivers last year Robison still would've had mediocre numbers and it would've made no difference.
Posted On: Aug 21st 2019, 9:27 PM #387687

Yeah, I have some bad takes, but this one is too hot even for me unless there was a greater context to it. Can you find me where I said that? 

EDIT: That take was probably something along the lines of Chris Robison still would’ve made rookie mistakes even if he had Alabama’s offense. Which I stand by because he was a freshman. Not every freshman QB will be Lawrence or Hurts. The big picture point was what Robison said day one this year: he rushed his throws last year and made freshman mistakes. 

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top
Control functions: