Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU IN THE 2019 NFL DRAFT: Players to Watch

The Owls missed the 2018 draft and will be looking to return in 2019. Thus far, they have placed in seven classes since their initial appearance in 2010, but never higher than the 3rd round overall, or higher than the 65th pick:

2015  3  65   CB  D'Joun Smith       Colts
2011  3  69   TE  Rob Housler         Cardinals
2017  3  103  DE  Trey Hendrickson Saints
2014  5  170  DB  Keith Reaser       49ers
2012  6  173  RB  Alfred Morris       Redskins
2010  6  176  QB  Rusty Smith        Titans
2014  7  221  LB  Randell Johnson   Bills

Draft Schedule

1st Round April 25th  - Picks 1-32
2nd Round April 26th - Picks 33-64
3rd Round April 26th - Picks 65-102
4th Round April 27th - Picks 103-138
5th Round April 27th - Picks 139-173
6th Round April 27th - Picks 174-214
7th Round April 27th - Picks 215-254

25th Start @ 8:00 PM
26th Start at 7:00 PM
27th Start at 12:00 PM

FAU Draft Pool

RB Devin Singletary
RB Kerrith Whyte

Singletary has had sincere interest from the Bears, but they won't pick until 87th. While it is possible that he could be gone earlier, his stock as the #6 running back and the Owls' highest prospect in the 2019 NFL Draft will probably land him in the third to fourth round. Regardless, he will be drafted.

Whyte is considered by most as a tweener, and could be drafted late, or fall into free agency. With the Pro Day he put up, a team will likely be interested either way.

FAU Free Agency Pool

LB Azeez Al-Shaair
WR Jovon Durante
LB Andrew Soroh

Injury status, lack of "stellar" showcasing ability, and size - respectively, and in order - play a part in this trio's chances. They will most likely not hear their names called in the draft itself, but the phone could be ringing with a contract offering afterwards.

FAU Tryout Pool

DB Herb Miller
DL Hunter Snyder
DB Jalen Young
OL Reggie Bain

As we have seen, anything is possible based on a team's needs and their decision to take a chance on a prospect. However, these players most likely won't see interest without a try-out coming beforehand.

Related Topics:

Motor Singletary to forgo senior season and enter Draft

FAU RB Kerrith Whyte to enter NFL Draft
Back to the top

I am just really surprised Kerrith W has not moved into serious draft discussion with his pro day numbers! he had a better YPC that Motor and is a dangerous kick returner
Back to the top

Whyte and Durante should have stayed and boasted their stock this year. No doubt in my mind Whyte would have been THE top back in Conference USA lol
Back to the top

Bc they couldn’t catch. Our running backs were the worst pass catchers I’ve seen personally from running backs ever. One can make an argument that if motor catches that screen pass against mtsu we could have had a much different record. Plain and simple they can’t catch at all. Let’s not even get started on Durante’s pass catching abilities. Let’s just say don’t throw him a timing pattern more than 15 yards downfield. It was hysterical the complaints about Robison not getting that deep ball perfectly thrown to Durante against Charlotte. Why, because the guy can’t catch anything. He wouldn’t have caught it it’s a joke 
Back to the top

@jgf..stop beating around  the bush.  Tell  us  how  you  really  feel.
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

Bc they couldn’t catch. Our running backs were the worst pass catchers I’ve seen personally from running backs ever. One can make an argument that if motor catches that screen pass against mtsu we could have had a much different record. Plain and simple they can’t catch at all. Let’s not even get started on Durante’s pass catching abilities. Let’s just say don’t throw him a timing pattern more than 15 yards downfield. It was hysterical the complaints about Robison not getting that deep ball perfectly thrown to Durante against Charlotte. Why, because the guy can’t catch anything. He wouldn’t have caught it it’s a joke 
Posted On: Apr 25th 2019, 5:12 PM #386054

You just ramble with zero facts.  Every time you post on the forum you embarrass yourself.

Stop shredding players without facts or cause. You want to say player xyz "is not playing well" or "is inconsistent'' even "he is missing this from his game" fine but the  "worst player ever"  stuff needs to stop.  They are kids not getting paid and this is a public forum.

Trash the coaches all day (bring facts if you do), but lay off the players a bit.

You ignore that this offense doesn't really feature backs catching the ball?

You Motor catching that pass vs Marshall or do you go to every practice and see the pass-catching ability out of our backs and make a real determination "he is the worst pass catcher ever".

I do not know if another Durante he was our best WR last year and would have been this year.

Here is a video of Durante from last year

Back to the top

Here is Durante's highlight video I see 5 what could be considered "timing" routes.

I bet you broke down the all 22 film though to draw your conclusions.
Back to the top

LOL

Anyway, here is hoping Motor lands in a good spot today, and we hear KW's name at some point. 
Back to the top

I guess I’ll stop. But These are grown men and I don’t see this kind of sensitivity anywhere. People have a choice whether or not they want to hear fans opinions. I think critique can be constructive. 
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

I guess I’ll stop. But These are grown men and I don’t see this kind of sensitivity anywhere. People have a choice whether or not they want to hear fans opinions. I think critique can be constructive. 
Posted On: Apr 26th 2019, 2:20 PM #386061

They are college kids playing C-USA football. You have to accept these kids who are mostly 2-3 star recruits will have flaws in their game, but if you want to critique stop just pointing out a play or two and drawing irrational conclusions from that.

"Durante wouldn't have caught it anyway"  Do you just ignore all the great plays he made or all the times he caught that exact pass?

He led the team in every receiving category by far last year and I would have loved if he would have come back this year.

Back to the top
Control functions: