Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU up to 25 in new RPI ratings

As many of you know the NCAA heavily uses RPI ratings to seed teams in the baseball(and basketball also) tourney. We moved up 4 more slots to 25 after our series win against Belmont. Our tough schedule is really paying off-with our 33-10 record and strong RPI we would have a #2 seed if the season ended today. LEts just hope the team can keep up the great job as we head down the stretch! :)
Back to the top

That's some good new Burrowingowl. :) Now if they can keep up the momentum and maintain for a #2 seed.

I saw your response about my comment regarding the Texas region. I didn't realize that they were a tougher opponent than UM. Now I do.. ;)
Thanks for the update on the Longhorns.
Back to the top

Yeah we want no part of Texas-they are a unanimous #1 in all polls for a reason. In the new projections of 4/27 they have us back in Coral Gables (1-UM,2-FAU,#3 USF, #4 BCC). Interestingly UF has now passed FSU as host of the other Florida regional so they sent UCF,Ga.TEch, and FIU there. Id like to go to Gainesville as my first choice because they are weaker than UM. But UM does have some important injuries(Figeuroa,Braun) and their starters have not been as consistent as in the past so I think we do have a shot.
Also Im sure some will be surprised to read FIU included in most sites projections now due to their slow start-but they have taken over first place in the SUn BElt and are the leading contender for their automatic bid. A very down year in the Sun Belt-I hope this is just an unusual year and not a trend, but as of now the ASUN is stronger than the SUnBElt in baseball without a doubt.
Back to the top

Would a higher RPI really make a big difference on the regional we attend or would it just effect our seeding within a particular regional. I know facing a UM as a first game would not be ideal, but would it be all bad, in a sense would they throw their ace at us in the first round or save him for the higher seeded team? So if we don't have to face their ace right away wouldn't it be more beneficial for us?

Back to the top

it really doesnt matter if we play Miami first game or second-they will be saving a certain lefty who threw a one-hitter against us in last years regionals(Cokroft). He's not really their number one guy-but he's great against left handed hitters so I'm going to make an educated guess and say they will throw him against us in our regular season game and again in the postseason until we show we can hit him. UM has a very deep starting staff but no clear #1-its not like say Florida where Justin Hoyman is clearly the #1 guy there you want to avoid.
Back to the top

Last year the Sun Belt had 3 teams make regionals, so yeah it is a down year in the Sun Belt, usually South Alabama and New Mexico State are much tougher than they have been this season.

Panthers on the Rise
Back to the top
Control functions: