Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FEARLESS PREDICTIONS: FAU vs. UNC-Charlotte 10/09/2016

This game likely will not be played due to weather. However, I will still throw out my prediction just in case the game is played. This looks to be a classic pillow fight between CUSA bottom dwellers. Nothing to see here, not much to get excited about.

Both teams have one win and the combined two wins are against FCS opponents. Not looking good. However, FAU has been slightly better on offense while scoring an average of 18.75 points per game in losses, compared to Charlotte's 17.5 points per game in losses. FAU has also played better defense against mid-level (cough, low-level) opponents (Ball State and FIU) giving up 31 and 33 points respectively. Charlotte has given up an astounding 37, 48, and 52 against mid-tier (cough, low-tier) teams EMU, Temple, and Old Dominion. Simply put, Charlotte has been dominated by teams that most FBS schools would love to have on their schedules.

FEARLESS PREDICTION:

Very few fans, very little defense, sloppy offense, poor weather.

FAU 31 UNC-Charlotte 20

GO OWLS!!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Fire Charlie 
Back to the top

Game tentatively moved to Sunday 
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

Fire Charlie 
Posted On: Oct 6th 2016, 10:05 AM #360586

Back to the top

My heart likes the score you picked (even tough our SHOULD hold them to the low teens but won't). But my gut……
Back to the top

I'm no Steve Weagle or Pat Chun. But I have lived in S Florida my whole life. Saturday at 330, we will all be looking at each other wondering why FAU isn't playing football
Back to the top

Local Owl said

I'm no Steve Weagle or Pat Chun. But I have lived in S Florida my whole life. Saturday at 330, we will all be looking at each other wondering why FAU isn't playing football
Posted On: Oct 6th 2016, 3:34 PM #360590

I'm not far from NC and can't get a flight until Saturday, I'd imagine UNCC would have similar problems.
Back to the top

All of this weather aside, my prediction stands. Game could be Saturday, Sunday, or weeks from now.

For those who are not posting, I understand.

Stay safe and GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Back in town, and getting back to the swing of things…do "believe" that we will win this game.

However, not comfortable with the opening 15 points, or the current 13.5 either.

Owls 32  Charlotte 24

Back to the top

family and i will not attend. wife and I are both working on sunday.
Back to the top
Control functions: