Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FEARLESS PREDICTIONS WEEK TWELVE FAU @ TEXAS

The season keeps getting more interesting with each Saturday that passes. Has there been a year in the last decade when a Florida team has not been talked about as a national championship contender with only two weeks left in the season?? (The answer is surprisingly yes, but they are few and far between.) The SBC is also competitive right down to wire as has been commonplace for the better part of the last decade and both FAU and FIU still have a shot at the title.

Without further filler, here are my FEARLESS PREDICTIONS for this week.

11/20: Louisiana (Lafayette) vs. Florida International

UL(L) and FIU are like two freight trains going in opposite directions. Saturday they will collide. The Cajuns have dropped 6 in a row while surging FIU has won 4 of 5 including last week's stunning 52-35 upset of SBC powerhouse Troy. Despite a losing record (4-5), FIU is the front-runner with an SBC best 4-1 record. UL(L) is playing for pride and the chance to play spoiler. This game will depend on FIU's ability to focus on the task at hand and not dwell on what they did last week. FIU has the talent and the Golden Panthers have scored 28 or more points in 4 of their last 5 games. The Cajuns have scored 24 or more in 4 of their last 6 games. All 6 resulted in losses due to a defense that ranks 113th in points allowed. The FIU defense ranks 76th and the offense ranks 60th nationally in points scored. FIU will prove that the numbers don't lie.

FEARLESS PREDICTION:
Florida International 35
Louisiana (Lafayette) 24

11/20: Western Kentucky vs. Middle Tennessee

WKU comes off their second win of the season and MTSU looks to rebound from back to back losses. The Blue Raiders need to win 3 straight to get to .500 and have a chance at a bowl invitation. The Hilltoppers are looking to finish strong going into the off-season. Who would have thought in September that this game would be a toss up? MTSU should dominate, but they have not performed consistently this year. WKU can win this game if they win the turnover battle. Even so, I think the Blue Raiders do enough to win.

FEARLESS PREDICTION:
Middle Tennessee 31
Western Kentucky 24

11/20: Troy @ South Carolina

Troy hoped to be riding a sizable winning streak into this week's game against South Carolina. After a shocking loss to FIU the Trojans now are looking to rebound against a very good South Carolina squad. Most other years I would have felt comfortable giving Troy a shot against South Carolina. The way Troy played against Oklahoma State perhaps warrants consideration against South Carolina this year. However, the Trojans gave up over 440 yards on the ground to FIU. South Carolina brings a lot more to the backfield than FIU. Gamecocks running back Marcus Lattimore will look to expose a reeling Troy defense. Even so, this is a trap game for USC as they come off a big win over Florida in the Swamp and look ahead to a match-up with in-state rival Clemson. Troy will bounce back and keep this closer than many might think.

FEARLESS PREDICTION:
South Carolina 38
Troy 27

11/20: Florida Atlantic @ Texas

FAU has gained some momentum after a very sluggish start to the season and the Owls still have an outside shot at the SBC title and bowl eligibility. After 4 straight losses Texas needs to win out to become bowl eligible and you can bet the Longhorns have been counting on getting a win against FAU since before the season kicked off. The Owls rank near the bottom in the nation in rushing and scoring. Texas has also struggled on offense. Both teams rank in the middle of the pack in scoring defense. I would like the Owls better if the O-line could hold up in pass protection. Even with Texas having a down year, FAU doesn't have the horses to win this one. The Texas defense will have FAU QB Jeff Van Camp running for his life. Without a solid running attack to slow the defense down, it will be a long day for FAU.

FEARLESS PREDICTION:
Texas 38
FAU 14

Enjoy the games and a cold beverage (I prefer Miller Lite).

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Re: FEARLESS PREDICTIONS WEEK TWELVE FAU @ TEXAS

Fau - 10
Texas - 48

We give them a fight in the first half and the 2nd gets ugly
Back to the top

34 -13 Longhorns
Back to the top

FAU 17 | UT 38
Back to the top

UT 31- FAU- 6
Back to the top

45-0…these guys have been embarrassed at home. they're going to come out guns blazing.

Howard is going to treat this like a NFL preseason game. We'll be down 21-0 at the half and then he'll put the younger guys in to get some reps.

Know this: If FAU is down 10 or more going into the half they won't even try to win this game. its a stupid game that should be played at the begining of the season. i just hope nobody gets hurt. Get that check and get the hell out of dodge.
Back to the top

FEARLESS PREDICTIONS WEEK TWELVE FAU @ TEXAS

42-3 Texas. Our offense isn't good vs. Sunbelt schools, certainly not going to get better vs. Texas

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

I hope Texas bought a lot of gun powder for that TD cannon….

UT - 63

FAU - 3

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

ATTENTION BOARD MEMBERS:

Please disregard the last three poster's predictions, as they have obviously been smoking crack.
Back to the top

FAU: 13
#1 in recruiting, last in division Texas: 38

but maybe pigs will fly and the score will be 30-31 FAU (blocked X-point by Lockley)
Back to the top
Control functions: