Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Florida Atlantic @ MTSU (Sept. 18th)

Looks like you guys are coming back to the 'Boro next season! We get a chance for redemption for the Raider home crowd after last season's debacle!

FAU will not count as a Sun Belt game this season.

2004 MTSU Football Schedule

DATE OPPONENT
Sept. 4 at Florida
Sept. 11 at Akron
Sept. 18 FLORIDA ATLANTIC
Sept. 25 at Louisiana-Lafayette*
Oct. 2 at North Texas*
Oct. 9 ARKANSAS STATE* (Family Day)
Oct. 23 IDAHO*
Oct. 30 UTAH STATE* (Homecoming)
Nov. 6 New Mexico State*
Nov. 13 LOUISIANA-MONROE*
Nov. 20 at Troy State

All Times are TBA
*Sun Belt Conference Game
Back to the top

With the year of maturity and improvement, I'll go out on a limb and say the Owls won't need the last play of the game to win this time. ;D ;) :D
Back to the top

I agree my man. We will show MTSU how we should have beaten them last year….by two touchdowns. And MTSU guy, that game wasn't a debacle….you're whole friggin season was!
Back to the top

Ghostofbuchanon,

BlueraiderPride is one of the MTSU supporters who wished FAU well last year after the MTSU game. He even followed us through the playoffs and a group of Blue Raider fans had discussed going to Chatty if we made it to show support.
I'm sure we all have a season we would like to forget. 2002 >:(

He is a good guy and he supports his team just like FAU fans.

Go Owls!
Back to the top

So we start the season with three road games,
Ouch's!! :o ???

I was hoping to draw the Raiders here in Florida for
one of our few home games.

Back to the top

I was also hoping to play MTSU here in Fla this year. We grew so much from that game last year. They were in a lot of games last year which they eventually lost.

Would have been nice to meet them at Lockhart.
Back to the top

GhostofBuchanan,

I think it very important for you to realize that your team accumulated more yardage in it's two final scoring drives than it did in the entire game.

Yardage wise, we pulverized FAU. We just committed too many mistakes and let your team stay close in order to give you a chance.

That's how underdogs win the games against the teams that are usually undermatched against. That's the game plan for the Florida Gators.
Back to the top

The best part about this coming year is that we know how to win close games now. Hopefully we will get the killer instinct and put teams away when we have them down.
We didn't have that last year. We seemed to go into neutral when we got late game leads.
Back to the top

BlueRaiderPride…I'd hardly say 343-257 total yards (86 yards difference) would be classified as being pulverised yardage-wise. You had five fumbles, and luckily recovered them all…otherwise things could have been a lot different. Time of possession was only 5 mins apart too. Oh and nice crowd decline last season….4311 in your last game! I'll take the Gators minus 60 please.

As for OG Owl, 2002 was our second season dude…how well do you expect us to do?? Schnelly works his magic like he walks….slowly.
Back to the top

I'll leave this one alone. I'm on your side.

Oh, and I've seen coach Schnell move pretty quickly on the field when he have to :)
Back to the top
Control functions: