Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Game Week: Day One Practice Notes...

Game Week: Day One Practice Notes...

The football team took to the field Tuesday hoping to get a full day of work in prior to an impending storm. No such luck for the team’s game week’s first day of practice.

Following about an hour of work which primarily featured team and scout team drills, the practice was called and the squad used the time to hold meetings.

“I was pleased prior to the time we had to leave the field,” said Howard Schnellenberger. “It is a higher power and we have to bow to the wishes. We will look for a better practice, with sunshine, tomorrow.”

FAU will hit the field 2:30 p.m. Wednesday to finish Tuesday’s slate and will then pick up with a normal Wednesday workout.

Source:  FAU Media Relations

Of Note:

The defensive line took a hit when it was announced that Andy Czuprynski and Jamere Johnson will both miss the upcoming Nebraska game.

Back to the top

Re: Game Week: Day One Practice Notes...

Just out of curiosity 1 thing I never understood. I know it's practice and it's before the season even starts, but being that we live in Florida and it rains A LOT wouldn't it be to our advantage to practice in the rain? I feel that if we had practiced in the rain the Michigan State game would have had a different outcome. I know you don't want to get anyone hurt but it can happen in practice whether it's 97 and sunny and 81 and rainy

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Re: Game Week: Day One Practice Notes...

Jab979 said

Just out of curiosity 1 thing I never understood. I know it's practice and it's before the season even starts, but being that we live in Florida and it rains A LOT wouldn't it be to our advantage to practice in the rain? I feel that if we had practiced in the rain the Michigan State game would have had a different outcome. I know you don't want to get anyone hurt but it can happen in practice whether it's 97 and sunny and 81 and rainy

I don't think they stopped practice because the storm (heavy winds and lightning), and not just because of the rain. Plus in my opinion, practicing in the rain (a slippery environment) makes athletes more prone to injuries.

"FAU is on a collision course with the national championship. The only variable is time."
Back to the top
Control functions: