Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Kiffin announces Robison will "not be a part of team activities" for Spring

Shane Marinelli OC40 said

Local Owl said

My point is lack of discipline. On the field. Off the field. In the class roon. In their profession.  I'm very proud of my fau grads. They are not your typica  millenials. They both work for themselves and dont expect anything from anybody. I think lane has a total lack of diiscipline. And little by little we will see the results of that. Robison  us the qb. The leader. This is kiffins third year. Sit back and watch what sideline dancing and interacting with fans get you. .

Posted On: Mar 21st 2019, 4:43 PM #385592

Ok two things here.

I think you should stop forming your ideas on what millennials are like from nightly news.
Maybe take a look around you and see what they are doing and understand what obstacles they face in 2019 (many created by boomers).
I think the first place you should look is this very forum!
You have  four millennials total and two of them(Jack and I) who are are out of college and have jobs yet cover FAU sporting events, put together podcasts, drive to 7on7 tournaments or Miami for a signing, keeping the twitter page active yet have never asked for a single thing. We do this because we love it and are passionate about the school. 

Yet you come here call the program undispline because one of 100 is suspended and take a dump on the generation of who provided the information for you. Baby boomers love capitalism yet I bet If was pushing 7-10 recruiting stories a week and decided to throw a paywall up you would be the first to shake your head at it.
Posted On: Mar 21st 2019, 5:43 PM #385593

You are hilarious, talk about judging people.

The grown up OC was boring, welcome back.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

Local Owl said

Funny how the dancers  were poor performers. All the kickers and the qb. Discipline,  even a little, can be very effective. All this news does not serprise  me , for I am a long time fau fan. Almost immune to shocking, bad news. When will we turn the cornery ?
Posted On: Mar 21st 2019, 5:53 AM #385583

Funny how this is still the dumbest argument/correlation anyone has ever made on this forum.

Absolutely ridiculous. It is literally a headline you would see on Fox news.

"Young people dancing and smiling too much is the reason they have no financial discipline''

I saw dozens of players have fun throughout the year and I hope to see even more dancing next year.

Since Lane has been here there has been very few off the field issues (knock on wood). This type of stuff goes on at every school under every coach across the country.

Every year FAU will have a couple of kids who can not seem to stay out of trouble and some player turnover on the roster.

Posted On: Mar 21st 2019, 9:05 AM #385584

There’s the intolerant OC, where have you been hiding?
Posted On: Mar 21st 2019, 5:52 PM #385594

I think you should google intolerance. 
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

Local Owl said

My point is lack of discipline. On the field. Off the field. In the class roon. In their profession.  I'm very proud of my fau grads. They are not your typica  millenials. They both work for themselves and dont expect anything from anybody. I think lane has a total lack of diiscipline. And little by little we will see the results of that. Robison  us the qb. The leader. This is kiffins third year. Sit back and watch what sideline dancing and interacting with fans get you. .

Posted On: Mar 21st 2019, 4:43 PM #385592

Ok two things here.

I think you should stop forming your ideas on what millennials are like from nightly news.
Maybe take a look around you and see what they are doing and understand what obstacles they face in 2019 (many created by boomers).
I think the first place you should look is this very forum!
You have  four millennials total and two of them(Jack and I) who are are out of college and have jobs yet cover FAU sporting events, put together podcasts, drive to 7on7 tournaments or Miami for a signing, keeping the twitter page active yet have never asked for a single thing. We do this because we love it and are passionate about the school. 

Yet you come here call the program undispline because one of 100 is suspended and take a dump on the generation of who provided the information for you. Baby boomers love capitalism yet I bet If was pushing 7-10 recruiting stories a week and decided to throw a paywall up you would be the first to shake your head at it.
Posted On: Mar 21st 2019, 5:43 PM #385593

You are hilarious, talk about judging people.

The grown up OC was boring, welcome back.
Posted On: Mar 21st 2019, 5:55 PM #385595
Where is the judging here? How bad are you missing the point?
Back to the top

I guess I just expect too much. Go ahead. Lose every game. Lose the supporters. Lose the fans. The most important thing is that our kids have a good time. Lord knows I don't want to offend. Maybe we  can erect  a safe tent on the sidelines in case a player makes a mistake  and the coaches yell at him. I know ,I know, I'm an old guy in my mid 50s that is asking too much. God help us..
Back to the top

Local Owl said

I guess I just expect too much. Go ahead. Lose every game. Lose the supporters. Lose the fans. The most important thing is that our kids have a good time. Lord knows I don't want to offend. Maybe we  can erect  a safe tent on the sidelines in case a player makes a mistake  and the coaches yell at him. I know ,I know, I'm an old guy in my mid 50s that is asking too much. God help us..
Posted On: Mar 21st 2019, 6:15 PM #385598
Just a complete overreaction. Can you understand there are nuances to these situation?
I watched Lane lay into CR multiple times. I even talked to about a specific one on the podcast after the FIU game. I have been to multiple practices I see what goes I see more than most and I still only scratch the surface.
I am telling you this precived notion you have this program is undispline is factually untrue.
You will always problem players, but that’s the sport. 
We lost games last year because we couldn’t get open, we sturggled to covert 3rd and short, and the D was slow to learn the new scheme, all combined with a tough schedule.
 Not because our players don’t get yelled at enough.

Back to the top

I'm not sure there was a correlation between dancing and winning.  We would have been 5-7 with or without dancing.  It's easy to complain and look for anything to blame the losses on.  
Back to the top

owlmart said

I'm not sure there was a correlation between dancing and winning.  We would have been 5-7 with or without dancing.  It's easy to complain and look for anything to blame the losses on.  
Posted On: Mar 21st 2019, 6:36 PM #385600

It has 0.0 correlation. 
It’s just an easy thing to point at when you don’t want to dig deeper. 
It’s lazy gas bagging.

The Dan Lebatard show has become the number one sports show in American for laughing at this type of sports take.

“Look at them dancing! They don’t care or work hard” -Old man who called into afternoon drive home.
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

Local Owl said

Funny how the dancers  were poor performers. All the kickers and the qb. Discipline,  even a little, can be very effective. All this news does not serprise  me , for I am a long time fau fan. Almost immune to shocking, bad news. When will we turn the cornery ?

Funny how this is still the dumbest argument/correlation anyone has ever made on this forum.

"Young people dancing and smiling too much is the reason they have no financial discipline''

I saw dozens of players have fun throughout the year and I hope to see even more dancing next year.

Since Lane has been here there has been very few off the field issues (knock on wood). This type of stuff goes on at every school under every coach across the country.

Every year FAU will have a couple of kids who can not seem to stay out of trouble and some player turnover on the roster.

Posted On: Mar 21st 2019, 5:59 PM #385596

Ah, as usual You’re missing the point.  You love to point fingers.  

Seriously I’m glad you’re back this OC is much more entertaining and isn’t this what is all about.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

dusky256fc said

Local Owl said

Seriously I’m glad you’re back this OC is much more entertaining and isn’t this what is all about.
Posted On: Mar 21st 2019, 8:23 PM #385613

Explain the point. 
Who have I pointed fingers at?
It clear you don’t like me no matter what I post or say.
I will mostly take the side of the players when I feel the are being unfairly bashed on a forum. Same when I defended Riles when JF was calling a player soft and saying he isn’t better than any high school player.

You want to have intelligennt nuanced football discussions I’m am here for that. You want to gas bag on a forum I will be “intolerant” as you call it. 

I’m glad you found my recruiting coverage boring. You should just stop coming on here.
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

dusky256fc said

Local Owl said

Posted On: Mar 21st 2019, 8:23 PM #385613

Explain the point. 
Who have I pointed fingers at?
It clear you don’t like me no matter what I post or say.
I will mostly take the side of the players when I feel the are being unfairly bashed on a forum. Same when I defended Riles when JF was calling a player soft and saying he isn’t better than any high school player.

You want to have intelligennt nuanced football discussions I’m am here for that. You want to gas bag on a forum I will be “intolerant” as you call it. 

I’m glad you found my recruiting coverage boring. You should just stop coming on here.
Posted On: Mar 21st 2019, 8:42 PM #385616

Shane I think the words for your recruiting coverage is civil and professional and is actually real good, I appreciate your efforts and work very much! I also do appreciate your stance on standing up for the players.

As a athlete and Coach it is so easy to be critical from the sidelines, and yes, as a Coach you have to keep your players focused and motivated and try to put them in a position to succeed. But when on the playing field (or court) it IS different when faced with a real opponent, in real time and pressure situations trying to stop you from doing what you want to and have been taught to do.

And in today's new era of basically instant transfers, I agree with Coach K that the old recruiting guidelines will have to change for the safety of the players and competitive balance. It is just too easy to leave because you are simply not playing (not academics or discipline) and find a new team leaving your present one with at minimum depth issues and a lack of scholarship players to field. And I am not even talking about the Power5 ability to now just poach the best players off of Group of 5 teams basically anytime they want to with sitting out a year becoming more and more rare.
Back to the top
Control functions: