Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Kiffin announces Robison will "not be a part of team activities" for Spring

And Tronti WAS Florida Mr. Football! Here is a link to his senior season highlight video;

Senior Season Highlights

Very, very good! And we would ALL take a Driskell led TEAM over what Robison showed any day, irregardless of a few spectacular throws, how many BAD misses on easier ones outweigh those by far.

Better, quicker decisions, is all ya want! Tronti reminds me quite a bit of Stockstill actually, a gamer with skills. let's hope so!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

And Tronti WAS Florida Mr. Football! Here is a link to his senior season highlight video;

Senior Season Highlights

Very, very good! And we would ALL take a Driskell led TEAM over what Robison showed any day, irregardless of a few spectacular throws, how many BAD misses on easier ones outweigh those by far.

Better, quicker decisions, is all ya want! Tronti reminds me quite a bit of Stockstill actually, a gamer with skills. let's hope so!

Posted On: Mar 25th 2019, 10:17 AM #385674

Let's ignore the off the field stuff for a second. You say you will take a Driskel led team over Robison team any day, but I remember people trying to run Driskel off this team for Parr.  

Comparing Driskel's RS JR year to Robison's RSFR year is unfair.

Tronti is talented, but drawing comparisons from a highlight video is like giving an award to a movie from the trailer.  

Also
Back to the top

"Comparing Driskel's RS JR year to Robison's RSFR year is unfair."

Very well could be but we were all hoping Robison would mature and improve in year two and so much for that, at last so far! Just saying a solid playing style (15 TD/4 pics vs. 12/12) is a good thing and Tronti has talent also. We all hope whomever plays solid football. And that goes for all other positions too! :cool:
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

"Comparing Driskel's RS JR year to Robison's RSFR year is unfair."

Very well could be but we were all hoping Robison would mature and improve in year two and so much for that, at last so far! Just saying a solid playing style (15 TD/4 pics vs. 12/12) is a good thing and Tronti has talent also. We all hope whomever plays solid football. And that goes for all other positions too! :cool:
Posted On: Mar 25th 2019, 12:55 PM #385676

Driskel was 9TD 11int his RS SO year. 
Back to the top

Geez guys, just checking in and wondering how there can be 6 pages of Chris Robison's spring suspension only to realize it's 5 1/2 pages of dancing and generational slams.

Can't wait to see the off season topics!

In the meantime, who's going to the spring game and would like to tailgate?

Back to the top

No generational slam from me.

I just believe you don't celebrate til ya have actually done something….aka won the game! There are from 140-170 plays in a game, one good or even great one does not win it! Be excited and happy for that one play but channel that energy to get your mind set and focused for the very next play or series. Our problem last year is we saw the one play and then usually a fall off in level of play from there.

Finish the job, win the game, then party for hours and all weekend!!!! We just DID NOT maintain that focus last year and actually I blame the Coaches for not keeping the players (kid's learning to be young men) focused and motivated. our 2nd halves we played last year are all the proof of this I need to point out. great 1st halves, then the polar opposites in most 2nd halves! Flat and outplayed and outcoached totally, even or especially at home!

But go Owls and I am sure all (players and COACHES) have learned that big heads get you nowhere when both teams want to win, especially for payback to the way FAU dominated and embarrassed teams in 2017!
Back to the top

Wow, I'm out the loop for a few weeks and see this.

I'll say it (and am not afraid to say it) - it's sad that we were held hostage by this clown all last year for whatever reason where our O had absolutely no field general from the looks of things. He was never that impressive to me and the (bad/corny) dancing personified his tired act. It's not a generational thing or anything of the sort - he was a clown at OU, was a clown here by all accounts– and it's sad that a guy like DeAndre had to put up with being benched for him. He could have learned a thing or two by the way DeAndre carried himself and I can't help but think that dynamic, where this cornball was handed the keys to the kingdom over a guy that the players genuinely liked and would rally around (FIU game folks) affected the team.

GET AT ME lol.
Back to the top

I am not surprised that this happened and I won't be surprised if he is kicked off the team.  Kiffin needs to find a solution and fast, another sub par year and drop-off reflects one thing…Briles was the KEY to our success in 2017.
I do believe that if Deandre was the starter we would've been bowl eligible and had a better overall record.  Robison was so inconsistent and just never got it going, and that was growing pains as we also broke in a new O-coordinator. Last year we were just  terrible, but on the small things and it costed us some games.  Motor was our only shining star  and he showed up every game, take him out of the mix and we are 3-9 for sure. I think we should move on and get Tronti and Littlejohn a chance and reps.  We are wasting time on building something special, we should be dominating the conference especially with all our talent. It would be funny that our defense does amazing this year but we can no longer score because of bad rb play, no receivers, terrible kicking and no experience at QB.
Back to the top

RB's will be fine, if not even great! D WILL be better with new DC, last one destroyed many NFL dreams IMHO!
Back to the top

Pretty sure we will be better in the kicking game...
Back to the top
Control functions: