Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Motor City Bowl: Central Michigan -6½ to fry FAU Owls

Ok, let's be real here…look at this guy:

Anyway, he's sold on CMU:

"Central Michigan is making their third straight appearance in the Motor City Bowl, and their great QB Dan LeFevour should flourish vs. a poor Florida Atlantic defense. The Chippewas also played a tougher schedule, winning at Indiana and taking Purdue down to the wire on the road. FAU is not as imposing as either of those teams, so look for a double-digit CMU win.
The Central Michigan Chippewas have become quite familiar with Ford Field, as they are making their third straight Motor City Bowl appearance when the face the Florida Atlantic Owls Friday night.

The Chippewas won here two years ago, but then suffered a heartbreaking 51-48 defeat vs. Purdue last season. However, we do feel they will erase that bad memory this time around with a handy victory.

CMU has the best quarterback in the MAC and one of the most underrated signal-callers in the country in Dan LeFevour, who completed 66.4 of his passes while throwing for 2530 yards with 19 touchdown passes against just five interceptions. LeFevour is also an excellent runner, and he proved himself with nice games vs. a couple of Big Ten schools this season in Indiana and Purdue.

Florida Atlantic is a nice story under Howard Schnellenberger, but they are not as good as most of the teams that Central Michigan has faced, and their terrible defense that has allowed 29.3 points and a whopping 401.5 total yards per game makes for a nightmarish matchup vs. someone as talented and versatile as LeFevour.

Now the Chippewas have similarly bad numbers defensively, but they faced a much tougher schedule and they should benefit here from those experiences. Look for a huge day for LeFevour as he leads Central Michigan to a double-digit win.

Free Pick: Central Michigan -6½ (-110)"

Link

Back to the top

Re: Motor City Bowl: Central Michigan -6½ to fry FAU Owls

CMU had a harder schedule than us?  What a load of trash!  Texas, Michigan State, Minnesota is a stronger out of conference schedule than Georgia, Purdue, and Indiana.  And what exactly is their signature win?  Indiana, Buffalo?  On top of that they play in the MAC for god sakes which is roughly on the same level as the Sun Belt.  Let's hope we can pull a Southern Miss. and shut everyone up.  It seem's like this guy has never heard of Rusty Smith, as one could tell for his crush on LeFevour.
Back to the top

The said

CMU had a harder schedule than us?  What a load of trash!  Texas, Michigan State, Minnesota is a stronger out of conference schedule than Georgia, Purdue, and Indiana.  And what exactly is their signature win?  Indiana, Buffalo?  On top of that they play in the MAC for god sakes which is roughly on the same level as the Sun Belt.  Let's hope we can pull a Southern Miss. and shut everyone up.  It seem's like this guy has never heard of Rusty Smith, as one could tell for his crush on LeFevour.

That's the first thing I thought of when I read that. I mean yeah good for them I'm sure they were excited when they beat Indiana or Buffalo. Georgia is a good team I'll definitely give them that… Troy, Texas, Minnesota, Michigan State… I think our schedule is tougher, I think even a CMU fan would agree with that.

The less they talk about us the better. Remember how much everyone was talking about us before the season started? Look how that turned out

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Motor City Bowl: Central Michigan -6½ to fry FAU Owls

The said

CMU had a harder schedule than us?  What a load of trash!  Texas, Michigan State, Minnesota is a stronger out of conference schedule than Georgia, Purdue, and Indiana. 

Yeah I thought that was total B.S. too.

Texas, MSU and Minnesota were all in the Top 25 this season, were they not, and all of them are in bowl games aren't they?

I think they were saying the in-conference MAC schedule was tougher than the SBC, which might be true.
Back to the top
Control functions: