Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

new school colors !!!

I just read today in the University Press (the one that got bumped because of the hurricane) that our new official colors are Red and Blue... Im glad they got rid of the yellow.. that kinda clashed ..
Back to the top

new school colors !!!

i saw this and was like oh no, but getting rid of yellow; i didn't even know yellow was a school color. i'm curious what the new Nike uniforms will look like. any guess on when the football and basketball team will be wearing 'em?
Back to the top

new school colors !!!

I believe the yellow (or gold) was introduced when the Owl logo was developed:

Back to the top

new school colors !!!

Depending on where you looked, lol, the official school colors were different. In the handbook I got when I first started going here it said they were Blue, Yellow, and Red, but on the the web it said Blue, Silver, and Gold. I have also seen places on the website that claim they are Blue, White, and Red. Im just glad they stuck to 2 colors and got rid of the yellow.... I like dark blue and red, im not sure what blue there going to use though.... Also there were questions about the seal... lol some people thought that the flame in the center under the sun was a sailboat sailing into the sun... ;D after looking at it again I can see how they thought that.
Back to the top

new school colors !!!

As far as the new uniforms go, I hope there nothing like the new UM unifiorms.... It looks like there wearing gun holsters, the way the strip wraps around there back, and the strip going down there leg is a little "dainty" this year. Nike makes theirs, thats why I brought it up.
Back to the top

new school colors !!!

I know is kinda off topic, but has anyone heard anything about a possible name change? I heard rumors that they were thinking of changing the name of the team from the Owls to possibly the Titans or the Blue Wave (baseball style) has anyone ever heard anything about that? Was it just a rumor? Are they sticking with Owls? I think the FAU Titans would be pretty cool we could even keep the same colors
Back to the top

new school colors !!!

It will remain the FAU OWLS. All other sports will follow suit with a new marketing campaign.
Back to the top

new school colors !!!

I'm glad they got the colors and the mascot issue settled. Now they can focus on important things. I like the new logos, particularly the winge FAU logo that O.G. is sporting on the bottom of his post.
They need to start hyping up these TV games coming up, with two weeks off, the media might slip back to forgetting about our team.
Maybe they should send the boys to do some hurricane relief work with their extra time off for some good PR and to help keep them humble.
Back to the top

new school colors !!!

new school colors !!!

As far as the new uniforms go, I hope there nothing like the new UM unifiorms…. It looks like there wearing gun holsters, the way the strip wraps around there back, and the strip going down there leg is a little "dainty" this year. Nike makes theirs, thats why I brought it up.

I wouldn't be to worried about that - all the teams that I have seen wearing Nike uniforms, all appeared to have different styles.
Back to the top
Control functions: