Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

PB Post Attendance article

FAU fans, we really need to make this mark.

Read On:
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/college/fau/sfl-fau21sep21,0,1801858.story?coll=sfla-fau
Back to the top

I am noticing a difference in people's reaction about FAU. Will all the buzz nationally and the televised games on ESPN, we have reached a group of people, locally, that wouldn't have cared before. Hopefully, it enough to get a good crowd on Sat. If we match the turn-out like the Colgate game, we are on are way.
A win will bring them back for more.

Gow Owls!!
Back to the top

I hope your right. I noticed alot of people around school dont talk about it much. Must all of them talked about was the UF @ Tenn. game. No one seemed to no what FAU was doing. I blame the athletic director for that one. Walking around the school there is nothing to remind you FAU has a football team.
Back to the top

Unfortunately, it takes time to change the perception people have and with time the football program will give students and alumni's something to identify with their Alma Mater.

I have talked to people on campus and got the opposite reaction you got - students (girls too) even knew the scores for the Hawaii & UNT games.

We will know on Saturday with the turn-out.

I'm always the optimist!!

Go Owls!!
Back to the top

the thing with south Florida, is that you need good success for two years to start to develop a following, it looks like that is starting.
Back to the top
Control functions: