Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Seniors are out.....

Seniors are out.....

The seniors are the foundation of the team and they should set a good example. It isn't the end of the world but it was a mistake. They all could have gotten together at the end of the season or one evening after practice intead of skipping out on practice. CanadianOwl, these young men are not in high school, so your comparison to high school is ridiculous. They should be held to a higher standard. They have done so many great things for this program and I wouldn't have expected this out of them. Bottom line, they disrespected their teammates, the coaching staff, and this weeks opponent. GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Seniors are out.....

So now FAU seniors are 1st in another category. Ditch practice for a cookout.. ;D

What started out as a "let's do this" stunt actually showed a lot of solidarity among the guys.
The sky is not falling folks.
Back to the top

Seniors are out.....

No one is denying they make a mistake, but it's not a "fire and brimstone, the sky is falling, women and children first" type of screwup.

These guys took a day off… period. That's all there is to it.

And as for disrespecting their teammates, I'm sure all the younger guys were No.1 jealous that they didn't get to participate, and No.2 happy that they would get more playing time on Saturday.

Plus, Howard was more worried that the kids were mad at him than he was angry at them for skipping practice. They appologized, appology was accepted, punishments were handed out, and its done and over with. So my best advice for everyone still concerned about the fate of the program… GET OVER IT!

Hey, it's not like they all went out and took the ACH rout (puff, puff).

President of the No Homers Club. Keepin' it real since 2001.
Back to the top

Seniors are out.....

Seniors are out.....

And as for disrespecting their teammates, I'm sure all the younger guys were No.1 jealous that they didn't get to participate, and No.2 happy that they would get more playing time on Saturday.

Yep. You're correct. They actually wanted to participate but the seniors made them go to practice. A couple showed up at the cook out and was told to leave before getting themselves into trouble with coach S.
I'd say that act alone, was more like big brother looking out for them moreso than disrecpecting.

This act was talked about a long time ago by the seniors. They were planning a little senior time together for the last game of their careers. The storm changed that date/game and moved the last game till next week vs FIU.
I guess nobody made a decision to continue and wait till the last game since it was against rival FIU. Can't afford to do it then.. ;)
Back to the top

Seniors are out.....

I think the seniors realize what they did wasn't the brightest thing to do and I'm not endorsing what they did. They got punished for their lack of judgement and thinking the idea through and what consequences it may have. We all have done senseless thing at least once in our lifes.

Lets not make this into more then what it is and let it not over shadow what the senior have done for this program either. I am simply looking at the big picture here. One childish incident by the entire group of seniors, not by a smaller group of individuals trying to make a statement.

They could have easily done on a Sunday afternoon, which would have been the smart thing to do, yet we all know that was not the case.

Tell you what, this season has been define by a tale of two halfs - first half of the season we where all full of high praises for this team going 5-0 and all, then the second half kicks in and the season will be remembered by all the off the field incidents instead >:(

I see us at 8-3, even with some dificulties down the strentch, we are having a pretty good season overall.

Back to the top
Control functions: