Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Sid Rosenberg of 790 the ticket rips FAU

Did any of you hear this? I was on my way home from class this morning and I hear Sid talking about his picks this past weekend for college football. He said, picking Kansas State over FAU was an easy one. He said, FAU is terrible folks, they have given up 99 points in two games and have been outscored 99-6 in the last two games, he went on to just completely bash us and say how terrible we are. He also took a shot at Coach Schnelly saying how he used to be good with UM and he did a decent job of building a Louisville program but not doing it here at FAU. I have thought to myself that this guy was a disgrace as a radio host but this is beyond stupid. To rip a program like ours in its second year in D1 considering the teams we are playing is absolutely terrible. For christ sakes, he should be supporting FAU and encouraging fans to come out and try to explain to people how tough it is to build a program and trying to get fans out to see us rather than bashing us, I mean whether he is right or not he should keep his mouth quiet and go back to New York where he belongs...
Back to the top

I sent him a sweet email ;).

Everyone on this board needs to send him an email with your thoughts.

www.790theticket.com

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

This has been my intellectual back and forth with the esteemed Sid so far…

He's a quite a joke, I know the New York comment probably wasn't so nice but I've lived here for a very long time and I'm getting sick of jerks like this.

Mark wrote; (Dusky)

Thanks for the quick response.

I'll will make sure that this response is posted on all of the FAU message websites as well as at the school.

You are more pathetic then I even thought possible. I'm not sure what you considered a threat, but if people actually responding to
your crap on the air is considered a threat in your world, then go a head and consider it as such.

Apparently my little New York comment really hurt, your a sad little man.

Regarding your last comment…I really think your need to look in the mirror, because you need it alot more than I.

—–Original Message—–
Sent: Tuesday, September 12, 2006 1:46 PM
To: Mark
Subject: Re: FAU

Mark,

If I ever read this on the air the university would be ashamed…..I know Coach Schnellenbergr and he'd be the first to agree with me….

It is nice to be loyal to your university….it's another thing to whine like a little bitch…

I really don't give a shit what you tell your buddies or how you portray me on campus…the smart people know the type of show I put on…

I wish you and your university nothing but success….and that's hearfelt and sincere….but you could take your threats and shove them up your ass…

Grow up buddy…and good luck

Mark wrote:

You are pathetic, to go on the air and rip the FAU program 2 years into DIA
ball just shows what a jerk you really are.

Everyone who knows anything about football knew this was going to be a tough
year, but instead of trying to back a local
program trying to get up and running, you take the disgusting approach that
you did. What don't you also say on the air what
FAU has accomplished in six, only six seasons of football. I could list them
here for you but I know a ass like you wouldn't
spend the time to explain your ignorance on the air.

I will make sure your comments are spread through the campus at FAU so no
one listens to your station any longer, not that they did before.

Why don't you go back to New York where you came from and take all your New
York losers back with you.

Mark

Do you Yahoo!?
Everyone is raving about the all-new Yahoo! Mail.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

He's got fans all over. Real class act.

http://www.phillytalk.com/people/sid-rosenberg.html

Speaking of class Sid. I pee on you!

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

Some more articles about the esteemed Sidiot…

Just making sure everyone knows the lack of any character this "person" has.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/gossip/story/345839p-295169c.html

http://www.themediadrop.com/archives/003950.php

http://www.foundrymusic.com/braincandy/displayheadline.cfm/id/7709/div/braincandy/headline/IMUS_FIRES_SID_ROSENBERG.h tml

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sid_Rosenberg

Sidney Rosenberg (born c. 1967 in Brooklyn, New York) is a controversial American radio personality who currently works for WAXY "790 The Ticket" [1] in Miami, where he hosts his own Mid-Morning show. He originally was paired with O.J. McDuffie, formerly a wide receiver with the Miami Dolphins; McDuffie resigned his position with the station in the summer of 2006.

Rosenberg, who is the cousin of Minnesota senator Norm Coleman, attended the University of Miami and Brooklyn College in 1984 and 1985 but dropped out of both.[2] He then got an associates degree from Kingsborough Community College in 1990 and a bachelors degree in business from Baruch College in the Flatiron/Gramercy section of Manhattan in 1992.[3]

What jobs and occupations Rosenberg had during much of this time is unknown. However, his radio career started in West Palm Beach, Florida, where he hosted the syndicated sports radio program The Drive in the late 1990s, after starting as an Internet broadcast. In 2000, he moved to New York City to co-host WNEW-FM's turbulent morning show, the Sports Guys. A year later, he joined the Imus in the Morning program. He shared the sports broadcasting duties with Warner Wolf before become the full-time sports reporter. He engaged in heated half-mock, half-serious disputes with the other members of the Imus cast, leading for example to an actual boxing bout with producer Bernard McGuirk. Several months after joining the Imus show, he became the co-host of the midday show on Imus' flagship station, WFAN. Here his strong knowledge of sports and distinctive, high-pitched Brooklyn accent served him well. He would hold both broadcasting positions until 2005. For several years, he also hosted the radio pre-game shows for New York Giants home games.

Rosenberg was no stranger to controversy on the Imus show, which was also simulcast on MSNBC cable television, therein increasing his remarks' visibility. Among other things, he would say on-air that Venus and Serena Williams would be better suited for National Geographic Magazine than for Playboy, that "faggots play tennis" and that the United States women's national soccer team were "a bunch of juiced up dykes."[citation needed] He referred to Palestinians as "stinking animals" and suggested that "They ought to drop the bomb right there, kill 'em all right now" during the November 12, 2004 funeral of deceased Palestinian Authority leader Yasser Arafat.[4]

To be sure inflammatory remarks in the guise of humor is the central motif of the Imus show, but Rosenberg showed himself to be more than a bit out of control in this regard. He would eventually be removed from the Imus show in May 2005, after saying in regard to Kylie Minogue's battle with breast cancer, that " … ain't gonna be so beautiful when the bitch got bald head and one titty."[5]
Among other personal problems, Rosenberg has also been involved with a lawsuit for stealing DirecTV, and was taken into a rehabilitation center earlier in 2005 for a triple addiction to crack cocaine, alcohol, and gambling. He and his wife Danielle were married around 1991, and had a daughter Ava around 2003.

Rosenberg would leave WFAN altogether on September 12, 2005. He did so after failing to show up to host the Giants' pre-game show on September 11, 2005 (he made an appearance for FHM in Atlantic City that weekend, and post that has little memory of what transpired [6]). As a result of the no-show, management at WFAN gave him the option to resign from the station, which he did. The New York Post reported that he would likely have been fired if he did not resign. After nine months of unemployment, he found underpowered "The Ticket" in Miami.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

He just opened his Wed show with some comments about this whole thing….he read Dusky's email and my email out loud. In my emai I told him I hope he ends up back in rehab. All he wrote back was "die". LOL. What a tool.
Back to the top

This guy is a BUM.....
Back to the top

Did anyone send him a link to this board and thread so he can read it?

Unfortunatley, for a guy like this, any publicity is good publicity. He's looking for listeners. If people read this controversy, they may tune in just to check him out.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

I tuned in this morning to hear his FAU comments, and may stick around to see if anyone calls in, but then I'm turning him off for good. His voice gives me a migraine.
Back to the top

illinoisowl said

Did anyone send him a link to this board and thread so he can read it?

Unfortunately, for a guy like this, any publicity is good publicity. He's looking for listeners. If people read this controversy, they may tune in just to check him out.

I sent it over to him. I know I probably shouldn't have started this but this guy, after researching deeper, is really a piece of crap.

I will not ever turn on 790 again and I would hope any FAU fans would feel the same.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top
Control functions: