Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

So after two weeks.. where do you see us finishing?

I know it was against Nebraska and Bama.. but, think we can get to 7 wins this year? 
Back to the top

Probably going to take flack for this, but no.

Currently, the way things stand, I see possibly four wins after observing almost all other opponents play.

They are in order of probability:

1. FIU

2. Tulsa

3. Old Dominion

4. Wyoming

Back to the top

Rick, you are only bring realistic. You finally have something to base an opinion on and I think you are right on.Every prediction before now was only a hope and prayer. No stats to base any thing on. No doubt we need to step it up to have a decent year. Remember, we only have 10 games left.
Back to the top

Did anybody watch us play Auburn last year?  Lets just relax and see how we can execute vs competition on our level.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

One game at a time. The Owls have the talent, size, strength, motivation and coaching to win next Saturday. Get a good game plan and good execution, and let's see what happens. 
Back to the top

i hope DJ Smith and Quez Johnson are 100% for the next game on Saturday. I don't think we've "found" ourselves as a team yet. So after the Tulsa game I'll be able to guesstimate the outcome of the season. So far Im sure we have guaranteed wins vs FIU & Old Dominion…
Back to the top

There are a few concerns that I have. With this new defensive scheme, our corners and safties were getting beat pretty bad against Alabama and Nebraska, but I am wondering if this was just due to the size of Bama's and Nebraska's wide receivers…. Yet I see the holding out of Johnson and Smith was a smart play by Partridge. Keep them healthy for the conference schedule coming up…….See us at about 7-5. Tulsa and Marshall are two very tough games for us, as well as traveling out to Big Sky Country.. Wonder if the Athletic department will let the team travel on Thursday to allow for a day of acclamation to the altitude, because it is at a higher elevation.  
Back to the top

I'm not totally convinced that the size of the WRs is the reason they were so open…my take is that it's the new zone scheme (that I'm not a fan of) paired with the fact that both opposing QBs have been able to read a book in the pocket, if you give a qb a solid 4 seconds to make a throw, with zero pressure, he'll undoubtedly find the guy that's uncovered.

All judgments about this team being held off until Saturday night
Back to the top

We lost Corey Henry and Martin Wright…both were very good.  The pressure against Nebraska and Bama wasn't there.  Lets see if we have the talent to put pressure on a mid-major oline.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

grayowl said

One game at a time. The Owls have the talent, size, strength, motivation and coaching to win next Saturday. Get a good game plan and good execution, and let's see what happens. 
Posted On: Sep 7th 2014, 10:45 PM #334345

Hahahahahah size and strength? We are giving up 702 yards a game and been in the red zone twice. This team is awful maybe 20 D-1 players on it.
Back to the top
Control functions: