Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Super Conference Update

This comes from Jon Wilner of the SJ Mercury news:

"If ESPN says that more teams equates to more dollars, then the MWC/CUSA will almost certainly raid the WAC for Utah State and/or San Jose State and/or LaTech … and it will almost certainly raid the Sun Belt for the Florida schools (FIU/FAU) and/or North Texas and/or Middle Tennessee State.

And if that happens, then the WAC and Sun Belt are in big trouble — they won’t have enough football-playing schools to exist in the current landscape.

Yes, UTSA and Texas State and Charlotte are becoming FBS members.

But there’s a scenario … an entirely plausible scenario … in which more teams leave the Sun Belt and WAC for the MWC/CUSA superconference than can adequately be replaced in a reasonable amount of time."

Full Story

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Super Conference Update

This comes from Jon Wilner of the SJ Mercury news:

"If ESPN says that more teams equates to more dollars, then the MWC/CUSA will almost certainly raid the WAC for Utah State and/or San Jose State and/or LaTech … and it will almost certainly raid the Sun Belt for the Florida schools (FIU/FAU) and/or North Texas and/or Middle Tennessee State.

And if that happens, then the WAC and Sun Belt are in big trouble — they won’t have enough football-playing schools to exist in the current landscape.

Yes, UTSA and Texas State and Charlotte are becoming FBS members.

But there’s a scenario … an entirely plausible scenario … in which more teams leave the Sun Belt and WAC for the MWC/CUSA superconference than can adequately be replaced in a reasonable amount of time."

Full Story

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Re: Super Conference Update

Another reason why we should get a been there done that AD vs an up n comer.

I have a buddy who is good friends with Bobby Robinson (Clemson ex AD) and was trying to convince him to retire down here and do the job (turns out he doesn't want to leave SC) but I think a guy like him is a great choice. He's seen it at the big time, knows how to build winning teams, etc etc etc.

We get someone that can throw a bit of weight around in the superconference meetings, I think we'll be better for it.
Back to the top

Another reason why we should get a been there done that AD vs an up n comer.

I have a buddy who is good friends with Bobby Robinson (Clemson ex AD) and was trying to convince him to retire down here and do the job (turns out he doesn't want to leave SC) but I think a guy like him is a great choice. He's seen it at the big time, knows how to build winning teams, etc etc etc.

We get someone that can throw a bit of weight around in the superconference meetings, I think we'll be better for it.
Back to the top

I like one of the comments. Have the Sun-Belt and Conference USA Merge. Closer teams for travel cost reductions. Chance to build rivalries.
Back to the top

Super Conference Update

Better than the CUSA/Mtn. West for MANY reasons!
Back to the top

Better than the CUSA/Mtn. West for MANY reasons!
Back to the top

I agree, the Belt and C-USA would be a much much better fit
Back to the top

I agree, the Belt and C-USA would be a much much better fit
Back to the top

Then Mtn. West and WAC can merge and it is done.
Back to the top
Control functions: