Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Texas Preview 2008

Texas Preview 2008

Just thought you guys might want to read up on our first opponent for the 2008 season.

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=777369

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Re: Texas Preview 2008

With all do respect, put no stock in anything rivals has to say - especially stars on recruits ;)

How about an article by Phil Steele??

he's IS the man…cant wait for his Preview to come out!

Phil Steele

Back to the top

texas' new d-coordinator will fix to bring some heavy pressure on Rusty with a sick array of blitz packages.

http://www.mackbrown-texasfootball.com/index.php?s=&url_channel_id=32&url_subchannel_id=&url_article_id=3551&change_well_id=2

but look for us to run up the score if we can force turnovers with our hardnosed hitters.

i guarentee that texas has no idea what they are in for.

to be continued…

Back to the top

the said

texas' new d-coordinator will fix to bring some heavy pressure on Rusty with a sick array of blitz packages.

and pay the price…as everyone else did this year…how many sacks did we give up??

Next………………

(im not arguing with you, just throwing that out there :))
Back to the top

FAU couldn't find a better big time matchup. they'll be breaking in a new tight end, full back, rb while losing there star wide receiver and a ton of defensive starters.

I think will surprise some people with this game.
Back to the top

the said

http://www.mackbrown-texasfootball.com/index.php?s=&url_channel_id=32&url_subchannel_id=&url_article_id=3551&change_well_id=2

but look for us to run up the score if we can force turnovers with our hardnosed hitters.

Haha, cmon.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

People around San Antonio have now heard of FAU and are mindful of it being a "trap" game for the Longhorns

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

Hook'em Owls! Are you guys going to go to Austin for the game?

Build Tradition
Tell someone "GO OWLS!"
Back to the top

BocaCoop said

Hook'em Owls! Are you guys going to go to Austin for the game?

I know I'll be there with a few people from the board. JetBlue has flights for $115 each way from FLL to Austin. Waiting to see what SW has

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

I live in Corpus Christi and posted this quote on my office bulletin board…

“With the continued development of our young football team, I’m convinced it is time to leave behind the idea of ‘advanced training games’ starting with Texas. I’m confident we can measure up to the level of the Longhorns.”—FAU coach Howard Schnellenberger on opening the 2008 season at Texas.

I really must have struck a nerve with the UT fans.  There were replies such as "Aw, that's cute!" and "ROTFLMAO!".

But the best was, "They win one bowl game vs. a 6-5 team, and they think they can play with the big boys?"
Back to the top
Control functions: