Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Texas State Bobcats

The Bobcats are now 2-1 for the season, with their only lost coming to Balyor (24-17). Armed with a new coaching staff and a new attitude, looks to be an improved team from the one our Fighting Owls beat at Lockhart last season (27-14).

Here is a link to Texas State University Web site:

http://txstatebobcats.collegesports.com/

Here is a link to the Texas State Message Board:

http://bobcatfans.com/forums/

Back to the top

Texas State Bobcats

I thought it was the Texas State fighting Armadillos!! Fumble, fumbleiah, fumbleroosky!! Your Armadillos lose a squeeker... this one 62-3!! Great Movie!!!
Back to the top

Texas State Bobcats

I thought it was the Texas State fighting Armadillos!! Fumble, fumbleiah, fumbleroosky!! Your Armadillos lose a squeeker… this one 62-3!! Great Movie!!!
LMAO! Great movie, very underrated.

Panthers on the Rise
Back to the top

Texas State Bobcats

Texas State Bobcats

The Bobcats are now 2-1 for the season, with their only lost coming to Balyor (24-17). Armed with a new coaching staff and a new attitude, looks to be an improved team from the one our Fighting Owls beat at Lockhart last season (27-14).

Here is a link to Texas State University Web site:

http://www.athletics.t…sports/football/index.htm

Here is a link to the Texas State Message Board:

http://bobcatfans.com/forums/

You should stop by and see us sometime! We are looking forward to playing y'all! Also keep in mind we nearly beat Baylor. Our red shirt freshman QB fumbled the ball on our last drive… Once we have our starter back it will be interesting. Keep in mind that Baylor team stomped the North Texas team that yall got by. The thing that gives me hope is that we have the most difficult schedule in IAA and your opponents record is just 1-8. Interesting. Not saying we will beat you just saying it will be closer than most think. Good luck gentlemen.
Back to the top

Texas State Bobcats

Ohh.. I think it will be close also. Im not so sure FAU is capable of blowing out anyone. Once inside the 10 yards line FAU just can never score. Also you guys do have a good team this year. It will make for an exciting game, Im glad its going to be televised.
Back to the top

Texas State Bobcats

You should stop by and see us sometime! We are looking forward to playing y'all! Also keep in mind we nearly beat Baylor. Our red shirt freshman QB fumbled the ball on our last drive… Once we have our starter back it will be interesting. Keep in mind that Baylor team stomped the North Texas team that yall got by. The thing that gives me hope is that we have the most difficult schedule in IAA and your opponents record is just 1-8. Interesting. Not saying we will beat you just saying it will be closer than most think. Good luck gentlemen.

Interesting. Ya'll gave Baylor a MUCH better game than North Texas. You know, we've heard rumors that Southwest Texas State (no longer) was considering going 1-A in football. Has there be anything new with you guys in San Marco about that? I've also heard that Texas State has pondered Sun Belt affiliation. But I also heard attendance is not up to 1-A standards. Texas State would be a nice travel partner for North Texas.

I think we could have a nice solid 10-team league in football (if Western Kentucky would get off their butts and move up). But there's no way the Sun Belt would ever get rid of it's non-football affiliates in South Alabama, Arkansas-Little Rock, and New Orleans.

Well, it's just something to think about. And talk about.
Back to the top

Texas State Bobcats

Interesting. Ya'll gave Baylor a MUCH better game than North Texas. You know, we've heard rumors that Southwest Texas State (no longer) was considering going 1-A in football. Has there be anything new with you guys in San Marco about that? I've also heard that Texas State has pondered Sun Belt affiliation. But I also heard attendance is not up to 1-A standards. Texas State would be a nice travel partner for North Texas.

I think we could have a nice solid 10-team league in football (if Western Kentucky would get off their butts and move up). But there's no way the Sun Belt would ever get rid of it's non-football affiliates in South Alabama, Arkansas-Little Rock, and New Orleans.

Well, it's just something to think about. And talk about.

Their are still rumblings here and there about it and we keep on going back and forth about it. We were making the push for it in 99 but could not find confrence afflliation at the time and we couldnt raise money. Now we can find the confrence affliation but just dont have the money… Also, we have a new school name, new president, new AD and a new football coach. They dont want to piss anybody off just quite yet. I think that something will be announced in the next year or so about making the move. Just my thoughts. We are the largest school in DIAA at around 27,000! We deserve better things than where we are at! I look forward to us moving up but it looks like it will be sometime. I say by 2008 we will be playing with the so called "big boys" See you then!
Back to the top

Texas State Bobcats

I thought I'd post the Texas State game from last year. The stats column won't line up so TexSt is on the left and FAU is on the right column

FAU Runs To Victory
Two late TD runs help rally Florida Atlantic past Texas State, 27-14.

Oct 4, 2003

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) - Anthony Jackson and Doug Parker had fourth-quarter touchdown runs, helping Florida Atlantic rally past Texas State 27-14 on Saturday.

Anthony Crissinger-Hill had seven catches for 160 yards and a touchdown for the Owls (4-2), who won their third straight game.

Terrell Harris had two touchdown runs for Texas State (3-3), but the Bobcats could only muster 66 rushing yards on 23 attempts - well below the team's 171.8-yard per-game average entering the game.

Jackson scored on a 10-yard run on the first play of the fourth quarter to put Florida Atlantic ahead for good. Parker's 2-yard touchdown run capped a 17-play, 78-yard drive and closed the scoring with 3:18 left.

Jared Allen completed 15 of 26 passes for 269 yards for the winners, who finished with 456 yards of total offense. Allen's 73-yard touchdown pass to Crissinger-Hill opened the second-half scoring for Florida Atlantic, which trailed 7-6 at halftime.

Aaron Sanchez had a 1-yard touchdown run in the first quarter for the Owls.

Quarterback Barrick Nealy completed 23 of 42 passes for 249 yards for Texas State, which saw its two-game winning streak snapped.

TXST FAU
FIRST DOWNS………………. 17 29
RUSHES-YARDS (NET)………… 23-66 56-187
PASSING YDS (NET)…………. 249 269
Passes Att-Comp-Int……….. 42-23-0 26-15-0
TOTAL OFFENSE PLAYS-YARDS….. 65-315 82-456
Fumble Returns-Yards………. 2-31 0-0
Punt Returns-Yards………… 2-1 4-11
Kickoff Returns-Yards……… 3-64 1-22
Interception Returns-Yards…. 0-0 0-0
Punts (Number-Avg)………… 6-48.2 3-35.0
Fumbles-Lost……………… 2-1 2-2
Penalties-Yards…………… 15-143 8-76
Possession Time…………… 23:05 36:55
Third-Down Conversions…….. 7 of 15 9 of 16
Fourth-Down Conversions……. 1 of 2 1 of 3
Red-Zone Scores-Chances……. 2-3 3-5
Sacks By: Number-Yards…….. 4-42 3-15

RUSHING: Texas State Univ.-Harris, T 5-22; Nealy, B 12-16; Carpenter,
K.R. 3-15; Smith, J 1-8; Freeman, D 1-4; Harden, A 1-1. Florida Atlantic
U.-JACKSON, A 17-110; PARKER, D 17-77; BARRON, D 8-27; SANCHEZ, A 5-11;
BYNES, R 1-2; EMBICK, D 1-0; ALLEN, J 7-minus 40.

PASSING: Texas State Univ.-Nealy, B 23-42-0-249. Florida Atlantic
U.-ALLEN, J 15-26-0-269.

RECEIVING: Texas State Univ.-Carpenter, K.R. 7-52; Harden, A 5-31;
Samuels, K 3-52; Freeman, D 3-13; Tyson, J 2-52; Chekwa, I 2-44; Smith, J
1-5. Florida Atlantic U.-CRISSINGER-HILL 7-160; TAYLOR, L 4-57; BYNES, R
1-19; BARRON, D 1-18; TELLIS, B 1-10; SANCHEZ, A 1-5.

INTERCEPTIONS: Texas State Univ.-None. Florida Atlantic U.-None.

FUMBLES: Texas State Univ.-Nealy, B 2-1. Florida Atlantic U.-ALLEN, J
2-2.

Back to the top

Texas State Bobcats

Texas State Football Falls to ASU, 41-34
Terrell Harris scores record-tying four rushing touchdowns in loss

Running Back Terrell Harris scored four rushing touch downs against ASU

Oct. 2, 2004

BOONE, N.C. - In a reversal of fortunes, Texas State quarterback Barrick Nealy returned after missing the last two games with a shoulder injury while Appalachian State quarterback Richie Williams missed Saturday's game with a deep knee bruise suffered last week.

Still, with true freshman Trey Elder starting in William's place, No. 24 Appalachian State was able to stave off fourth-quarter comeback attempts to post a 41-34 win over the Bobcats in Kidd Brewer Stadium.

Elder completed 12-of-20 passes for 249 yards and ran for three touchdowns in the Moutaineers' win. In his first action since the season-opener against Angelo State, Nealy went the distance for the Bobcats, completing 20-of-36 passes for 219 yards while running for a career-high 102.

With the win, Appalachian improved to 3-2 while Texas State is now 2-2 heading into next week's game with Florida Atlantic.

"We didn't excel in any phase of the game, offensively, defensively or special teams," said Texas State coach David Bailiff. "We had too many turnovers, third down conversions and missed two field goals.

"Appalachian State is known as a tough team. Tough teams win football games. We have to become a tough team."

The Bobcats fell behind 34-17 when DaVon Fowlkes split Texas State's coverage for a 65-yard touchdown reception. But the `Cats made a game of it in the fourth quarter.

Gary Shepard intercepted an Elder pass and his 24-yard return led to a 3-yard Terrell Harris touchdown run that cut the lead to 34-24 with 14:37 to play.

Nato James would block an Appalachian punt which was downed at the ASU 26. Steven Dietz would later drill a 44-yard field goal and the Mountaineer lead was down to 34-27 with 7:03 on the clock.

The Mountaineers would answer as Elder engineered a 6-play, 76-yard drive he would cap with a 9-yard touchdown run to extend ASU's lead to 41-27. Elder became the first Mountaineer player to score three rushing touchdowns since 1995.

Texas State then marched right back down the field with Harris scoring on a 2-yard run to end an 11-play, 80-yard drive to make the score 41-34 with 2:45 left. Dietz would attempt an on-side kick for the Bobcats but Texas State recovered before the ball went 10 yards and Appalachian took control at the Texas State 43.

Appalachian State was able to take advantage of great field position to score its first points.

Fowlkes was able to get outside and pick up a couple blocks for an 18-yard punt return to the Texas State 36. On the ensuing drive the Mountaineers converted a fourth-and-7 play with a 30-yard pass from Elder to Zach Johnson to the 3-yard line.

ASU looked to have scored when Elder rolled right and tossed a completed pass in the end zone to tight end Daniel Bettis. But the Mountaineers were called for an illegal receiver down field. Facing third-and-goal, Elder was able to find a crevice in a quickly collapsing pocket, get outside and score on a 7 yard run. Julian Rauch's point-after gave Appalachian a 7-0 lead with 4:16 to play in the first quarter.

Texas State would answer on its next series, driving 65 yards on nine plays to the score at 7-7 with 47 seconds to play in the first.

Nealy completed a 23-yard pass to John Tyson to begin the drive and also completed a 14-yard pass to Terrell Harris and an 11-yarder to Markee White. Facing third-and-7 from nine Nealy ran for eight yards before Harris scored on a 1 yard dive.

Appalachian State was able to take advantage of two Texas State turnovers to build a 21-10 halftime lead.

Douglas Sherman slipped on an option pitch from Nealy and the loose ball was picked up by Jeremy Wiggins and returned 86-yards for touchdown to give Appalachian a 14-7 lead with 12:18 to play in the second quarter.

The Bobcats would cut the deficit to 14-10 on a 45-yard Steven Dietz field goal.

Later in the quarter, Nealy was intercepted by Justin Woazeah and returned 14 yards to the Texas State 21.

Elder would complete a 17-yard pass to Alan Atwater before scrambling for his second rushing touchdown, a 4-yarder giving Appalachian State a 21-10 lead with 5:36 to play in the second.

While ASU turned two Texas State turnovers into points, the Bobcats failed to capitalize on two Mountaineer fumbles.

The Cats gained possession at the ASU 33 when an Elder fumble was recovered by Teddy Jones. But the drive would end on the fumbled pitch Wiggins returned for a touchdown.

Travis Upshaw would force and recover an Elder fumble at the Texas State 35. The Bobcats had to settle for a 49-yard Dietz field goal attempt which sailed wide left.

Back to the top

Texas State Bobcats

We got some nice props from Texas State fans. They still want the coach's head after this early start?

Imagine what they would do if they went 2-9? Hmmm.
Back to the top
Control functions: