Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Thoughts on tickets for FAU vs. OU Game

It's been a while since the university has sponsored trips for away games.  I've personally had a great time going to Austin, Omaha, Gainesville and Tampa to name a few to see the Owls play no matter the score.  I think this game maybe the biggest game in history for us. The stakes are high and the reward is higher than ever if we can succeed. Irecently got an e-mail I believe with the alumni association to go to both the  OU and UCF games. The OU game pricing is pretty expensive as a package topping out at $1,500, I can use points for the hotels and maybe miles for the flight. However I was wondering about the purchasing of the tickets to the game.  I called the FAU ticket office and they have no idea where the Fau allotment will be. I called OU and they told me that the tickets will be in section 35 lower bowl close to the endzone or section 226 and 227 upper deck nosebleed.  I believe FAU is selling the ticket for $65 and I was advised to if I wanted seats to go thru OU.  I saw better seats that are comparable  with better views on Stubhub.  Are any of you going to use Stubhub for tickets  if you go to the Game?  I cant wait any longer I need football. Go Owls !!!
Back to the top

faufan300 said

It's been a while since the university has sponsored trips for away games.  I've personally had a great time going to Austin, Omaha, Gainesville and Tampa to name a few to see the Owls play no matter the score.  I think this game maybe the biggest game in history for us. The stakes are high and the reward is higher than ever if we can succeed. Irecently got an e-mail I believe with the alumni association to go to both the  OU and UCF games. The OU game pricing is pretty expensive as a package topping out at $1,500, I can use points for the hotels and maybe miles for the flight. However I was wondering about the purchasing of the tickets to the game.  I called the FAU ticket office and they have no idea where the Fau allotment will be. I called OU and they told me that the tickets will be in section 35 lower bowl close to the endzone or section 226 and 227 upper deck nosebleed.  I believe FAU is selling the ticket for $65 and I was advised to if I wanted seats to go thru OU.  I saw better seats that are comparable  with better views on Stubhub.  Are any of you going to use Stubhub for tickets  if you go to the Game?  I cant wait any longer I need football. Go Owls !!!
Posted On: Aug 9th 2018, 10:36 AM #379312

I bought tickets for OU thru FAU. The away section is usually a corner end zone. There might be better seats to be had thru stub hub forbid better value, but I would rather sit with the few fau fans that will be making the trip.

We had a small section last year in Madison and enjoyed every minute of it being able to cheer with fau fans the few times we had something to cheer about 
Back to the top

DeltAlumnus  were you able to select seats in the section 35 area?  Did you just by the tickets from OU?  I am going solo and I feel the same way, I would want to be by the FAU fans section, but not so high up.  I am not sure how rowdy OU fans maybe.  But as an enthusiast for these Power 5 games and traveling to them I want to make the best of the trip along with cheering FAU.
Back to the top

faufan300 said

DeltAlumnus  were you able to select seats in the section 35 area?  Did you just by the tickets from OU?  I am going solo and I feel the same way, I would want to be by the FAU fans section, but not so high up.  I am not sure how rowdy OU fans maybe.  But as an enthusiast for these Power 5 games and traveling to them I want to make the best of the trip along with cheering FAU.
Posted On: Aug 9th 2018, 11:41 AM #379314

No when I last spoke to FAU the seats haven’t been assigned yet by OU.
Back to the top

Sooner fan here. I'd advise you guys to look over this site. OU just started a "clear bag" policy. So you guys will be the first to experience it as an away team. There's a list for prohibited items, etc. Just to make it smoother for you. Also should help you figure out parking locations, etc.

Gaylord Family - Oklahoma Memorial Stadium - The Official Site of Oklahoma Sooner Sports

And OU fans usually aren't too rowdy if you aren't near the student section or some drunks. It'll be an early game, so that's less likely to be honest. Most visiting fans come away from Norman talking about how nice the fans are. Gotta love mid-America.
Back to the top

SoonerManiac said

Sooner fan here. I'd advise you guys to look over this site. OU just started a "clear bag" policy. So you guys will be the first to experience it as an away team. There's a list for prohibited items, etc. Just to make it smoother for you. Also should help you figure out parking locations, etc.

Gaylord Family - Oklahoma Memorial Stadium - The Official Site of Oklahoma Sooner Sports

And OU fans usually aren't too rowdy if you aren't near the student section or some drunks. It'll be an early game, so that's less likely to be honest. Most visiting fans come away from Norman talking about how nice the fans are. Gotta love mid-America.
Posted On: Aug 11th 2018, 8:32 AM #379327

Welcome and thank you for the input!

Would love to hear some tips of stuff to do before the game and after.

Maybe any must check out restaurants or bars?
Back to the top

SoonerManiac said

OU just started a "clear bag" policy. So you guys will be the first to experience it as an away team.

FAU Stadium has had this for a couple of years - will clear bags with Owls on them be acceptable?  :)

Thanks for coming onto the board and sharing some information about the stadium.  Should be a great opener!
Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

SoonerManiac said

Welcome and thank you for the input!

Would love to hear some tips of stuff to do before the game and after.

Maybe any must check out restaurants or bars?
Posted On: Aug 11th 2018, 9:32 AM #379328

The restaurants/bars, or the better ones in town are primarly around the stadium, so it's hard to miss. O'Connells is probably the most popular. However the overflow usually fill up a lot of the others so they all have good atmospheres. Night life is probably best viewed in Bricktown in OKC about 15-20mins away. It was designed for just that sort of thing and caters to Thunder fans a lot. You'll get a lot of OU fans there that evening after football/tailgating is over for the day. If you need specifics I can try to look up some of the sites for you. Honestly, after games, I live so far away I'm usually on the road. Been a long time since I was in Norman to party outside of sporting events.  :Winking:
Back to the top

Hoot_N_Holler said

SoonerManiac said

OU just started a "clear bag" policy. So you guys will be the first to experience it as an away team.

FAU Stadium has had this for a couple of years - will clear bags with Owls on them be acceptable?  :)

Thanks for coming onto the board and sharing some information about the stadium.  Should be a great opener!
Posted On: Aug 11th 2018, 3:56 PM #379330

I think it will be. OU fans aren't overlooking you guys, so don't feel slighted. Most will hesitantly pick a high scoring game, but we are guessing as our team look will be a bit different with a different QB. Not sure what that means for FAU defense-wise until Riley names a starting QB. All rumors point to Kyler Murray, but inside info says that's only because his big play potential is pretty high. Austin Kendall supposedly runs the offense more consistently. Both would be good options to be honest.
Back to the top

Hoot_N_Holler said

SoonerManiac said

Posted On: Aug 11th 2018, 3:56 PM #379330

I'm sure that'd be fine. Assuming their was a hint of a joke there, but if not, you can always call the ticket office and ask. I imagine a lot of the shops around the stadium will start selling clear bags and backpacks, etc.
Back to the top
Control functions: