Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Top 25 watch

The real question is with the talent coming back can we START somewhere close to being ranked?  That is the real issue for a program like ours - climbing up from being so far down the list.

People that start in the top-25 usually get the benefit of the doubt and hang around.  People that start in the others receiving votes get to jump in when the early season ranked teams falter.  So being recognized in the top 30 or so next September would be almost as big as finishing this season #27. 
Back to the top

owlsdad said

The real question is with the talent coming back can we START somewhere close to being ranked?  That is the real issue for a program like ours - climbing up from being so far down the list.

People that start in the top-25 usually get the benefit of the doubt and hang around.  People that start in the others receiving votes get to jump in when the early season ranked teams falter.  So being recognized in the top 30 or so next September would be almost as big as finishing this season #27. 
Posted On: Jan 15th 2020, 8:59 AM #393400

Let's make it simple…

Want to be ranked?  Go beat Minnesota.  We'll be ranked for the 1st time in program history.

Just a reminder, losing 8 DL is not an easy thing to overcome…especially when your first game is against BIG 10 330 LB OLinemen.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

owlsdad said

Posted On: Jan 15th 2020, 8:59 AM #393400

Let's make it simple…

Want to be ranked?  Go beat Minnesota.  We'll be ranked for the 1st time in program history.

Just a reminder, losing 8 DL is not an easy thing to overcome…especially when your first game is against BIG 10 330 LB OLinemen.
Posted On: Jan 15th 2020, 10:23 AM #393401

Very true, but their D is losing 8 starters so let's hope that levels the playing field a tad! Being ranked pre-season will just alert Minny even more to be prepared. And a loss there knows us right back to square one anyhow so we better win to be ranked AFTER the game!!!
Back to the top

owlsdad said

Boise lost (big), and if one or two of the other teams in the high teens to 25 lose (OK State, Virginia, Minnesota, USC) that could pave the way for the Owls to get their first ranking.  No matter what, seems like the Owls have secured either a ranking or the first or second spot of “others receiving votes” with demolishing teams in the C-USA championship and the bowl game.

How big will that be for the program?
Posted On: Dec 22nd 2019, 10:39 AM #392699

You wont have to wait for OK State, Virginia, Minnesota, USC to beat them. GSU playes them in their first game. You can thank GSU latter! :Big-Grin:
Back to the top

I just saw you guys play us then Ole Miss, that’s both have ties to Kiffin. How ablu5 you guys bea5 Boise, and we beat minneso(a and we’re both ranked when we play each other. My family has ties to Georgia going back hundreds of years. I love the name Georgia Southern. 
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

I just saw you guys play us then Ole Miss, that’s both have ties to Kiffin. How ablu5 you guys bea5 Boise, and we beat minneso(a and we’re both ranked when we play each other. My family has ties to Georgia going back hundreds of years. I love the name Georgia Southern. 
Posted On: Jan 27th 2020, 5:34 PM #393769

Sorry this post was to Walty

GSU lost to the Gophers by 3 points last year & we have never played the Owls in FB.

2020 Georgia Southern Football Schedule | FBSchedules.com
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

Posted On: Jan 27th 2020, 5:34 PM #393769

GSU could beat Boise 57-10 and wouldn't be ranked in the top 25. We are to far back in the polls.
Back to the top

Has Georgia Southern ever made the top 25 or received votes?
Back to the top

Yes, even as a 1aa team the last time was 1999 depending on which poll you looked at.

In 1aa, with 63 scolorships, makiking the top 30 would be great
Back to the top

I guess they haven't made the AP or Coaches poll. I just checked. They were the 3rd team receiving votes (28th overall) for a week in 2018
Back to the top
Control functions: