Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

UCF @ FAU

Hey guys,

Football is finally back!
My Knights play a cupcake this week so I am already looking ahead to our game.  What do you guys expect from your team this year and what are your thoughts on the game?
Back to the top

The best part about playing the rattlers is if they bring the band.

Kind of hoping you guys are focusing a bit more on Stanford the next week.  

No offense but 17 seems a bit high due to your qb situation but most likely due to the last two years and the controversy.  You can shut everyone up if you do it again this year.

We have some definite strengths and big unknowns.  If Robison continues to improve and keep his head on straight this could be his breakout year but some issues with the oline and receivers might make that difficult. RB group looks solid, TEs very solid.

First year D coach, should be much improved.

We could be anyway between 6 wins and contending for CUSA.  If I had to bet I’d pick 7 or 8 wins.  

UCF game much closer than last but most likely in the loss column.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

FAMU +45…Yikes. 
Back to the top

I'm curious to see if Josh Heupel becomes Urban Meyer or Will Muschamp in his second year.

The first year was impressive, just want to see that sophomore effort.

Milton was such a key player for the program (great seeing him on Game Day this morning) that you want to see how to replace a generational player like that.

September 7th can't get here quick enough!

Back to the top

I expect Wimbush at UCF to be a lot better against the level of competition he is going to see this year versus what he played against at Notre Dame.  I also expect the UCF scheme to take more advantage of his athletic ability.  Obviously he has not shown the ability to throw pinpoint passes in his career like Milton, but he will still put pressure on defenses.

For FAU, as others have said we are in a wait and see.  There is a significant amount of talent, and what Glenn Spencer has done at other stops makes you think he will have the defense looking a lot more like 2017 than the 2018 version.  But O-line, WR, and decision-making at QB is something we all are eager to see.

I’d say we’ll all have a clearer idea after the OSU game.  Even if it is not close, live action will let us know about Robison, the guys we have stepping in at RB, how the defensive players have picked up the scheme, etc.
Back to the top

owlsdad said

I expect Wimbush at UCF to be a lot better against the level of competition he is going to see this year versus what he played against at Notre Dame.  I also expect the UCF scheme to take more advantage of his athletic ability.  Obviously he has not shown the ability to throw pinpoint passes in his career like Milton, but he will still put pressure on defenses.

For FAU, as others have said we are in a wait and see.  There is a significant amount of talent, and what Glenn Spencer has done at other stops makes you think he will have the defense looking a lot more like 2017 than the 2018 version.  But O-line, WR, and decision-making at QB is something we all are eager to see.

I’d say we’ll all have a clearer idea after the OSU game.  Even if it is not close, live action will let us know about Robison, the guys we have stepping in at RB, how the defensive players have picked up the scheme, etc.
Posted On: Aug 26th 2019, 8:04 AM #387745

Agreed 
Back to the top

I haven't seen any marketing around town.  Has anyone seen anything?
Back to the top

Local Owl said

I haven't seen any marketing around town.  Has anyone seen anything?
Posted On: Aug 26th 2019, 9:31 AM #387747

The Alumni Associations are having a watch party at Miller's Ale House on Yamato I believe.

Hooters on Glades is hosting one as a FAU partner.

Outside of social media I haven't seen anything.
Back to the top

I am just curious outside of social media where do you guys expect advertising for a small event like that?

They did an email blast, but if you have not gone to any recent alumni events or made sure your email address is updated you wouldn’t  get anything.

They are not going to put up a billboard for a watch party.

There has to be some onus on the alum. 
It’s like what I posted the other day.
Orlando alum might want a watch party, but alum have to take leadership and put it on and the school will provide some resources. 
Back to the top

I was a actually referring to the UCF  game. Not the tail gate
Back to the top
Control functions: