Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

UPDATE: students in 'Nawlins

I talked with prOWLer Director Bobby Johnsen last night around 11:50 p.m. and then again just after midnight. The bus was NOT filled - which means there wasn't enough student interest on the "$50 plan." He did not give me an exact number, but said he would give me one when he woke up today. He did say there were five empty rows, which to me means 10-15 open seats, therefore 35 students are on the bus.

I talked with SG Senator Jared Torres today who is also on the bus. This was at 10am ET, 9am CT, and he said there were no problems through the night and that people were awake and excited. He did say they got some sleep and are expected at the hotel NOW (11ET, 10CT) and are ready to take a nap.

Last time I spoke with Bobby…
1pm today: prOWLers and students start decorating hotel
4pm today: Get ready for team arrival, teach students fight song (that don't know it) and other chants
6pm today: team arrives at hotel (really rough estimate)
6pm - 9pm: alumni networking reception
9am GAMEDAY: leave hotel and head for team hotel
930am GAMEDAY: Assemble with fans and alumni in lobby and make human spirit tunnel for team to walk through onto the bus - leave for Movie Gallery Stadium

More updates as I get them. However, keep in mind I am at work doing inventory so it will be tough to get on here and have some fun.

Also, there is a bit of a "white out" planned for the FAU section. Alumni and SG has teamed up to make white shirts that say "to believe is to be strong." They will be passing them out and our section will all be wearing white since RED is also Troy's color and WHITE is cheaper to print when giving away free t-shirts. (that last part about being cheaper is true, but I don't know if that is one reason why they decided white v. blue)

Go Owls

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

Re: UPDATE: students in 'Nawlins

smittysahoot said

Last time I spoke with Bobby…
1pm today: prOWLers and students start decorating hotel
4pm today: Get ready for team arrival, teach students fight song (that don't know it) and other chants
6pm today: team arrives at hotel (really rough estimate)
6pm - 9pm: alumni networking reception
9am GAMEDAY: leave hotel and head for team hotel
930am GAMEDAY: Assemble with fans and alumni in lobby and make human spirit tunnel for team to walk through onto the bus - leave for Movie Gallery Stadium

To clarify - he did not give me exact times - but did say that they are going by "regular schedule" and that's the regular schedule for prOWLer/students

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

Smitty isn't there another bus leaving tonight? Do you know anyone on that bus that can give us a head count?

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

smitty... i desgined the shirts for tony and the students... the reason for white was the rush order had to be on white, or the company could not get the shirts in time (red or blue, both)

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

How do we non-goers, but duffy's watchers get some of these shirts?

Like things, love people.
Back to the top

Why are the students in New Orleans?
Back to the top

GhostOfBuchanan said

Very good question! ???

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

GhostOfBuchanan said

Wrong turn? I guess?? LOL

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

They wanted to beat the crowd and get a seat early?  lol
Back to the top

UPDATE: students in 'Nawlins

Not one of Smitty's finest hours.  haha.

Like things, love people.
Back to the top
Control functions: