Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2010 Commit List

Add topic

2010 Commit List

Alex DeLeon
6-4, 195lbs
TE
Bellview High

Considered:  FAMU, Florida Atlantic, The Citadel, Marshall, Duke

Shawn Brown
6-2, 300 lbs
OL
Miami Central HS

More Info
Back to the top

Re: 2010 Committ List

Two words for ya Alex.....protein shakes :)

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

Her can line slot as well...comes with some rave reviews...
Back to the top

Regarding the subject title... "commit" only has one "T"
Back to the top

Re: 2010 Commit List

Added to top:

Shawn Brown
6-2, 300 lbs
OL
Miami Central HS
Back to the top

While it's great to read that FAU has already received two verbal commitments, I think it's fruitless to talk about it until they sign their LOI. I remember a few months back, how excited we got when standout WR/TE Donnie Jennert verbally committed to FAU and then changed his mind a few days later and signed with Iowa State.

I think a more appropriate thread would be "What are FAU's offensive concerns for 2010 recruiting?" Especially, since we are losing our starting QB, both WRs, both TEs, FB and half our OL.

"FAU is on a collision course with the national championship. The only variable is time."
Back to the top

We also have 3 pretty capable back ups. Remember when Rusty was that guy? Everyone wanted to know what we were going to do because the little we saw of Rusty he didn't look too good. Enter 2007 Rusty wins the starting job and comes out like a house on fire. Between VanCamp, Kooi, and Wilbert plus whoever else we end up recruiting QB wise I think we will be OK. Who knows maybe one of these guys is the next "Rusty Smith".

As for TE's even losing 2 TE's with Darian Williams and Rob Housler in the mix we will be just fine. We will also have Nexon Dorvilus who will RS this season and we'll see what he's got going for him next year. We will still have some of the best TE's in nation.

FB-While Willie Rose is a great player for us we've all been highly anticipating the play of Stinson and seeing what he can do. Don't forget Alfred Morris was a FB and we also have a few RBs injured for the season so FB we'll be fine that and TE's should be the least of our concern.

WR-We are losing one of the best WR we've ever had in Gent and we're losing Boner we have Amos Wood, Jamal Davis (from what I read has had a GREAT camp so far), DeAndre Richardson (RS this season 6'2"-180), David Hinds (RS this season 6'2" - 215)

Last but not least OL- We have been adding more and more size to our line with each recruiting class. We are losing Spitale which with his size will hurt but we have Jimmie Colley 6-3 260 and he's only a Freshman so he will add more weight and could be 300lbs by Jr. year. Carlton Falconer 6'5" - 255lbs also a Freshman, and Troy Niblack 6'6" 280lbs RS Freshman

In my opinion we will probably be picked to finish close to the bottom of the belt next year but I really don't think we'll miss a beat. I think VanCamp can fill in nicely for a year and this next recruiting class as long as we can get shovels in the ground and show them the stadium is actually being built, can be our best recruiting class to date

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Jab's got it right. Don't forget #71 Chris Chappell (the 6-9 300 freshman) on the OL.

Travis Jones, that 5-10 145 freshman, he has been getting a lot of reps in practice. The dude is quick. I'm not thrilled about a dude of that size but he's impressed me in practice.

Almost all the new guys seem to be ready to contribute as soon as next year. Usually you'd think it would take them 2-3 years before they'd be ready to challenge for a starter but no, it would be next season. Very happy about that.

Pretty crazy, for instance, that Tony Walding (freshman) has been taking a lot of snaps with the 1's. I'm anxious to see what Corey Henry could do (if the NCAA ever clears him). I'm hoping he's a younger Kevin Cyrille.

Back to the top

owlcountry said

Jab's got it right. Don't forget #71 Chris Chappell (the 6-9 300 freshman) on the OL.

Travis Jones, that 5-10 145 freshman, he has been getting a lot of reps in practice. The dude is quick. I'm not thrilled about a dude of that size but he's impressed me in practice.

Almost all the new guys seem to be ready to contribute as soon as next year. Usually you'd think it would take them 2-3 years before they'd be ready to challenge for a starter but no, it would be next season. Very happy about that.

Pretty crazy, for instance, that Tony Walding (freshman) has been taking a lot of snaps with the 1's. I'm anxious to see what Corey Henry could do (if the NCAA ever clears him). I'm hoping he's a younger Kevin Cyrille.

I was going to write Chris Chapelle 6'8" 298lbs but the FAU site lists him as DL so I left him out

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Jab979 said

I was going to write Chris Chapelle 6'8" 298lbs but the FAU site lists him as DL so I left him out

Yep, I know but he's been practicing as OL.
Back to the top
Control functions: