Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Anyone remember Baker Mayfield???

Add topic

We are driving home from the game and caught his name in a headline and it sounded familiar…sure enough we recruited him and offered him as part of this years class. He is a QB, didnt take our offer or his othe offer from New Mexico. He chose to walk on at Texas tech. He started their season opener tonight and threw for over 400 yards 4 tds and no picks…

Texas Tech Red Raiders vs. Southern Methodist Mustangs - Box Score - August 30, 2013 - ESPN
Back to the top

Back to the top

9 of 10 right now midway through the first quarter with 140 yards and an TD...
Back to the top

Goes to show how if you catch a break, a QB works out like that kid and we have a different season on our hands.

That said, Jeff Driskel was the worlds greatest QB coming out of high school…they don't always work out. Sure would be nice to find out though!  :Big-Grin:
Back to the top

I'm not so sure the same guy with the same talent level playing in our offense would do all that much better than the guys we have in it now.

For instance, how much of Hankerson's struggles have been on him and how much has been on, for instance, the O-line or the WRs dropping passes?
Back to the top

owl2Doc said

I'm not so sure the same guy with the same talent level playing in our offense would do all that much better than the guys we have in it now.

For instance, how much of Hankerson's struggles have been on him and how much has been on, for instance, the O-line or the WRs dropping passes?
Posted On: Sep 7th 2013, 9:34 PM #316984

I agree with that to a point, but he is also still a true fresh, and not even a scholarship athlete for the,, of course he would have been here as we offers him. He has been making very good desisions, is accurate def doesn't look like a freshman out there
Back to the top

19-25 337 yards 3 touchdowns no picks and there is 7 minutes left in the first half right now…

also 5 rushes for 28 yards.
Back to the top

Currently stands as the #5 qb in all of college football after 3 games as a true freshman…
Back to the top

OwlBroker said

Currently stands as the #5 qb in all of college football after 3 games as a true freshman…
Posted On: Sep 20th 2013, 2:08 PM #317927

Was he the kid who enrolled but then right after tearing it up in spring practice transferred to another school?  or he never attended FAU?  I can't remember…
Back to the top

No he never enrolled he is a true freshman right now so just started at Texas tech this fall
Back to the top
Control functions: