Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

LB Lincoln Stewart Commits to FAU Football

Add topic

Linebacker likes the direction FAU is headed

Lincoln Stewart first met the Owls’ coaching staff back in April on the practice fields behind the Oxley Center.

It was junior day, and marked the first time that the linebacker had heard the voice of new head coach Carl Pelini.

Sunday night Stewart made the decision to join Pelini’s vision and commit to FAU.

“I committed last night,” Stewart said. “Both coach Dewitt and coach Sims where over for an in-home visit. They stayed two hours and talked to family, and I already had in my mind that I kind of wanted to go to FAU.”

Stewart’s path to FAU is a prolonged one that started moments after junior day.  The coaches told him to send his highlight tape over once his senior season was underway, and that’s exactly what he did. He anxiously waited for an offer, but just received emails.

Then, an important phone call changed it all.

“They kept sending me emails, and I was like, ‘Dang’ man they keep sending me emails maybe they will offer me.’ Then I get a call one day at school from coach Sims who said he will be doing an in-home visit with me and he wanted to offer me in person,” Stewart said.

A few days later recruiting coordinator Jeff Sims visited the prospect and extended the talented linebacker an offer to play for the Owls.

Stewart mulled over the scholarship, and then when Sims and linebacker coach Jovan Dewitt returned to his home over the weekend, the decision was easy.

“It’s a program moving in a great direction. As you know they are going to a new conference, and everything is new. I just love coach Dewitt and it’s close to home,” he said.

Deland is a talent rich school that has produced numerous FBS players over the years. Florida Gator’s star running back Mike Gillislee and safety De’Ante Saunders both were Bulldogs, while Iowa State’s running back Shontrelle Johnson and USF safety Mark Joyce also sported the green and gold.

Stewart is looking to continue the long line of success at the next level, and attributes the others achievements to the attitude developed while at Deland.

“I think it’s because the work ethic we have here,” Stewart said. “I may be a little bit biased, but I think hands down we have it harder than any other school. We grind it out every day and go hard at practice every day. I just think the work ethic and the passion for playing football along with the love for the game is it.”

The 5-foot-11, 223 pound linebacker chose FAU over offers from Memphis, Tulane, Georgia State, Appalachian State, Wofford and Tulane. He plans on taking an official visit to Boca Raton on the weekend of January 19th.

“I’m with the Owls,” he said.

Steward marks the 17th verbal commitment and third linebacker pledged to the 2013 recruiting class.
Back to the top

Re: LB Lincoln Stewart commits to FAU Football

Back to the top

Re: LB Lincoln Stewart commits to FAU Football

LB Lincoln Stewart Commits to FAU Football

Very nice, welcome Lincoln! I like how you attack the play!
Back to the top

Re: LB Lincoln Stewart Commits to FAU Football

Looks like a nice pickup. With his size, I wonder if they rs him and transition him to be a db.
Back to the top

SigEp77 said

Looks like a nice pickup. With his size, I wonder if they rs him and transition him to be a db.

5'11" 223 pounds.
Back to the top

Here is the updated highlights of Stewart:

Senior season; 153 tackles.
Back to the top

Andrew said

Here is the updated highlights of Stewart:

Senior season; 153 tackles.

Great video, looks like Alfred Moris but on D - aggressive and attacks the hole! Also reminds me of the WKU linebacker who is very good!
Back to the top

8A Third Team All State!

Link
Back to the top
Control functions: