Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Nationally Ranked #2 JUCO WR Nero Nelson Commits to FAU's Class of 2018

Add topic

Nationally Ranked #2 JUCO WR Nero Nelson Commits to FAU's Class of 2018

The Owls earned their third commit from the weekend of December 8th after nationally ranked JUCO WR Nero Nelson announced his pledge via twitter.

Nelson comes from Copiah-Lincoln CC and also held reported offer during his recruitment from Memphis, Ole Miss, Southern Miss, Louisville, and Mississippi State.

Nelson hauled in 22 catches for 326 yards and 3 TD for the Wolves last season amongst a talented group of receivers.

Back to the top

Welcome to FAU - you made great choice!
Back to the top

Nero is a 4 star recruit on ESPN's recruiting service

Nero Nelson - Football Recruiting - Player Profiles - ESPN

Pretty sure he would be the first player in FAU history to sign as a 4 star
Back to the top

Weren't some of our other transfers/JuCo signees this past class also 4* guys?
Back to the top

4* at some point but not when they signed with FAU
Back to the top

Yes, I believe the JUCO guys McNeal, Johnson, and McGriff were 4 star guys out of HS. Might have been another one. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong there.

Gonna chalk that up as a 4-star victory for us though even if it's not right out of high school because we weren't getting the 4-star JUCO guys before Lane.

We always talked about what it would take to make that recruiting leap from 3 to 4, mostly so we could have the talent level to compete all 4 quarters with P5 teams, and the answer is…. we had to hire Lane Kiffin.
Back to the top

Here's a nice vid he did a while back, but it makes a case for the obvious - he's a game changer with his agility.

Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

Yes, I believe the JUCO guys McNeal, Johnson, and McGriff were 4 star guys out of HS. Might have been another one. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong there.

Gonna chalk that up as a 4-star victory for us though even if it's not right out of high school because we weren't getting the 4-star JUCO guys before Lane.

We always talked about what it would take to make that recruiting leap from 3 to 4, mostly so we could have the talent level to compete all 4 quarters with P5 teams, and the answer is…. we had to hire Lane Kiffin.
Posted On: Dec 12th 2017, 7:46 AM #375242

Tisdale was a 4 out of HS also.
Back to the top

Thurman and MGIII were 4* as well, I believe.
Back to the top

Back to the top
Control functions: