Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Nationally Ranked #2 JUCO WR Nero Nelson Commits to FAU's Class of 2018

Add topic

I was looking forward to seeing how he looked on the field.  Unfortunate that it didn't work out, but best of luck to him and hope he finds what he is looking for, we look to be just fine at the WR position.  
Back to the top

This is disappointing. I hope our receiving corps is good this year. I'm starting to worry. Hopefully we can replace the production of Woods and Solomon. I guess we have Durante and Wright as sure starters. But Wright doesn't play the outside. Is McNeal the only other guy that will challenge for the other outside WR spot?
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

Is McNeal the only other guy that will challenge for the other outside WR spot?

Posted On: Jul 22nd 2018, 12:02 PM #379164

I'm totally fine with it being McNeal, but I'm concerned about the guys behind the starting 3.  Rotation is key, especially when playing the big boys with their depth.
Back to the top

Hoot_N_Holler said

jgf2017 said

Is McNeal the only other guy that will challenge for the other outside WR spot?

Posted On: Jul 22nd 2018, 12:02 PM #379164

I'm totally fine with it being McNeal, but I'm concerned about the guys behind the starting 3.  Rotation is key, especially when playing the big boys with their depth.
Posted On: Jul 22nd 2018, 12:24 PM #379166

Desean Holmes can play the slot or outside. May not be as tall as Nelson(?), but from all accounts is just as talented. Pico Harrison and John Mitchell are still here and both ooze potential. Don't sweat the loss of Nelson, there was no guaranty he was getting a  lot of run this season anyway. Just need enough from the WRs to keep defenses honest, because we are still going to be a running team.
Back to the top

Ended up at Jackson State, btw.
Back to the top

Won't have to work hard there… 
Back to the top

Rick said

Won't have to work hard there… 
Posted On: Aug 25th 2018, 6:09 PM #379667

Yep, either buy in or ship out.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top
Control functions: