Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Owls Land First 2011 Football Commit

Add topic

Owls Land First 2011 Football Commit

Freedom High Offensive Lineman First to Pledge towards Upcoming Class

If you follow Florida Atlantic’s football recruiting, you know one thing: When the Owls' coaching staff offers a scholarship to a prospect it’s more than just an opportunity, it’s a sign of potential.

Having received an offer from FAU’s coaches earlier this Spring, Freedom High School offensive lineman Josue Joseph confirmed that Friday morning, while becoming FAU’s first verbal commitment of the 2011 recruiting class.

"Hey, I just thought I would let you know that today I made my commitment to come play football for FAU!", Joseph told the Owl's Nest via Facebook on Friday night.

Story
Back to the top

Re: Owls Land First 2011 Football Commit

Thanks for the great job this summer Delt! Keep 'em coming. Hopefully we'll start to get more and more commits

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

We'll have even more commits when the stadium is underway.

If we can bring in recruits about November, they'll be much more confident in signing with us.
Back to the top

owlcountry said

We'll have even more commits when the stadium is underway.

If we can bring in recruits about November, they'll be much more confident in signing with us.

Seems to be the common theme. Almost all of the prospects remark something about the stadium.
Back to the top

Just spoke to Jouse Joseph, who verbally committed to the Owls back in the early summer months, but made a decision to re-open the recruitment process on Sunday, December 19th. Here's what he had to say:

“I de-committed so that he (Coach David Serna) can continue to recruit, because he told me ‘if there is a possibility of you not committing, I need to know so that I can continue to look for other people’  and so at least this now way he can continue to look at people,” Joseph said.

With Marshall and Western Kentucky recently offering the offensive lineman, and increased interest from coaches, Joseph felt that he needed to explore his other options. The prospect is set to visit the two latest schools to extend a scholarship bids and Bethune-Cookman.

But, FAU still isn’t completely out of the hunt.

“I still plan on taking a visit to FAU,” he said. “It’s not like I’m just disowning FAU, I’m just trying to give myself all my opportunities. So, it’s not necessarily that I won’t sign with FAU.”
Back to the top
Control functions: