Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Oxbridge Academy QB Gio Richardson Commits to FAU Football's Class of 2019

Add topic

GeorgiaOwl said

I see they are the top rated Palm Beach County tam so that is good - we gotta start getting more St. Thomas recruits, heck their HC was a Coach here!
Posted On: Jun 15th 2018, 3:55 PM #378855
Future of Oxbridge Academy football program in question as transfers begin to mount - Sun Sentinel

I know people think that schools can still build walls around high schools with all these good relationships etc., but In 2018 it’s not how it works.  The 7on7 and Florida transfer rules kids go where ever it’s hot and give them the best chance to showcase talent.
If I’m Gio I am getting out now as well.
OX Bridge did the same to other schools when they first came up. Taking kids from schools like Pahokee and Glades Central.
The building relationships with high school coaches to get to kids is pissing against the wind in most cases because many can’t even keep their kids around.
Back to the top

Thanks for posting the story and too bad for them as a team that is seems to be falling apart. I personally would guess that the "financial assistance" has ended, or a minimum been cut drastically.

We have the same issues up here with private catholic or "non profit" or even City schools with different attendance rules (AKA financial aid found for those out the "city" (Buford High) schools with NO district lines to adhere to poaching the best athletes away from County schools.

Can't argue it is not better for the kid's - a better education, a better environment, a better Coaching staff leading to better College offers. But does lead to super teams skewing any semblance of a level playing field in games.

But it is basically the HS equivalent of the Power 5 in the FBS and does lead to issues of kid's not able to meet the private schools academic standards, which leads to cheating which leads to resentment of the "special help" for said athletes in various sports.

In some cases the academic side of the school wins out, but not many times. The $$$ and attantion usually still rules the school (UNC!).
Back to the top

Gio Richardson chooses to go somewhere else where he will have a better chance at starting…

Back to the top

Rick said

Gio Richardson chooses to go somewhere else where he will have a better chance at starting…
Posted On: Jan 24th 2019, 8:48 PM #384821

For those who have kept up with what I have been saying. This was expected as FAU was moving on.
Back to the top

Shane,I'm on the outside looking in and that is what I was assuming. The kids need to do what they feel is best for them. I wish them luck.
Back to the top

Still a little surprising that he went to UTC - that is a level down, and they just recently lost their coach to Akron and brought in a guy who is a first-time head coach.  I don't think they signed anybody in the early signing period because of Arth taking the Akron job basically right at early signing day.

As a side note, UTC plays in the same conference as my Alma mater.  So I am reluctant to wish him too much success 😀
Back to the top

owlsdad said

Still a little surprising that he went to UTC - that is a level down, and they just recently lost their coach to Akron and brought in a guy who is a first-time head coach.  I don't think they signed anybody in the early signing period because of Arth taking the Akron job basically right at early signing day.

As a side note, UTC plays in the same conference as my Alma mater.  So I am reluctant to wish him too much success 😀
Posted On: Jan 25th 2019, 8:46 AM #384826

I think it just speaks to how much his stock went down during his senior year
Back to the top

FBS > FCS for sure!!!
Back to the top

If he has a chance to step in and play right away (he certainly wouldn't here), I totally see why he would leave. Good luck to him.
Back to the top

d-owl said

If he has a chance to step in and play right away (he certainly wouldn't here), I totally see why he would leave. Good luck to him.
Posted On: Jan 25th 2019, 3:36 PM #384836

AGREED, BUT FCS????
Back to the top
Control functions: