Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

St. Thomas Aquinas RB James Charles Commits to FAU Football Class of 2016

Add topic

James Charles
RB
5-9, 180
Pompano Beach, FL
St. Thomas Aquinas

Chose the Owls over Western Kentucky, Middle Tennessee, Pittsburgh, and FIU.

Junior Highlights 2014-2015 - JAMES CHARLES highlights

Back to the top

Well I guess that answers the question of if there was any bad blood between CP and RH earlier this year.

Nice to see the road to STA is still open!
Back to the top

Don't expect this year's class to be anything like last year's. We can only dole out like 16 scholarships this recruiting cycle per NCAA rules so we'll have much smaller class that will not be as talented
Back to the top

LawOwl..why only 16?  Just curious.  Even with attrition, i.e. Hankerson and Gold leaving?
Back to the top

I belive the number is 18 before Gold and Hankerson.  I would bet we sign 22 to next years class when everything is said and done.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

I understand the lower number, I just don't understand the lower talent side of the argument. Shouldn't we be MORE picky with fewer scholarships, leading to better talent overall?
Back to the top

owl in training said

LawOwl..why only 16?  Just curious.  Even with attrition, i.e. Hankerson and Gold leaving?
Posted On: Jul 28th 2015, 3:18 PM #346748

We're almost to our max of scholarship players allowed on an FBS roster
Back to the top

It ain't over till it's over. I have a feeling this will be one of those years that we are the bad guy by removing our offer. If a higher quality or more desirable player commits, we won't let him walk away.
Back to the top

LINEMEN Coaches, Linemen - WE NEED TO SIGN 10 BIG STRONG MEN PER YEAR, GAMES ARE WON AT THE LINE OF SCRIMMAGE. A great qb or rb is dead meat without a line to run block and protect (ask Alfred!). While a mediocre rb can run 100+ yards a game behind a great line
Back to the top

Judging by this, Charles has some great potential for post game quotes:

"Coach Partridge, he’s a family man. A family man will do anything for his family. He will not let anything happen to his family. That’s something I live by. The football team is his family and he’s going to do the best for them and make sure nothing happens to them. Like me at my school, that’s like blocking. I’m a family man, so I don’t want anybody touching my quarterback. I have to protect him on that field. That’s why I chose FAU.”

Love it!
Back to the top
Control functions: